• Dump back into motor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys do with your catch can oil? Speaking with my brother he said on his saleen he always dumps it, I was thinking why dump out the oil it catches , why cant you put it back into oil cap and thus reducing oil loss? Thoughts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
I dump mine. Considering the amount of oil in the crankcase, it’s not a lot that gets dumped. A member asked what a catch can does earlier today. For those that aren’t sure what they are for, read this:

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
" Most " people dump it.
Looks like the one on the 2020 vents back to the oil pan, not sure what the thought process was there ??
I haven’t seen any details on the 2020’s version, but if it could separate the oil from the air, release the air pressure and then drain the oil back into the pan, that would be a nice setup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess i should have worded poll question differently, i asked if people dump as in throw away and then my poll question choice is dump as in put it back into motor , silly me. But just was wondering what people do, the other day when i looked in mine i had a little bit and seemed easier to put it back in motor cause it is right there and oil was not contaminated, looked perfect, and to toss it out i have to go get my oil recycle container in shed. I know lazy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I check my catch can every time I change the oil. If there’s anything in there, and there always is, I put it with my used oil to get recycled. I notice a gas smell in the oil so I never considered putting it back in the engine.

My car is a daily driver so I end up changing the oil every 3 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Honestly I don't initially dump it..I collect it in a couple of pyrex measuring cups (sshhh..don't tell the wife) just to see how much oil the cans are collecting vs miles driven(I have them on both sides of the motor).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts