Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have done the cat-less exhaust y-pipe's and what is your opinion? Does it require a re-tune and how is the noise level inside and outside? Also what is the power gain.....questions, questions.:cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not sure about power gain as I changed lots at one time but without cats it is very loud. I had Borla 5GTs on mine and could not drive it due to the noise. I ended up putting stock mufflers on until I figure out what to do next. I am running AR full headers, no cats and stock mufflers now. I actually kind of like the way it sounds now but I feel the stock mufflers may be hampering performance. Looking for options. Full 3 inch all the way back? Race cats? Not sure what options but I am in no rush...

·
Registered
97 Posts
re-tune and really loud....inside and outside plus it smells bad. I won't run catless again. Not worth the few hp over a race cat design.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!....looks like I'm leaving that alone.:lookaround:

·
Registered
1 Posts
who sells off road cat pipe for the stock exhaust? I took off stock mufflers tried some straight thru bullet muffler and then purchased a pair of corsa mufflers and can now hear the radio and no drone at all.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Not sure about power gain as I changed lots at one time but without cats it is very loud. I had Borla 5GTs on mine and could not drive it due to the noise. I ended up putting stock mufflers on until I figure out what to do next. I am running AR full headers, no cats and stock mufflers now. I actually kind of like the way it sounds now but I feel the stock mufflers may be hampering performance. Looking for options. Full 3 inch all the way back? Race cats? Not sure what options but I am in no rush...
How loud is this over stock?

Spent some $$ on a nice stereo and sound insulation (I know it adds weight but its my DD). Initial reaction of the car is that the stock exhaust sounds whimpy, but I've grown to like it, and now, don't want noise at expense of sound quality on the stereo.

I hear to make max HP with a aftermarket blower, you need headers. Been thinking about this, but wanted to hear what you might have to say about the noise since you're running the stock mufflers.

TD

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have Bassani 3" exhaust no cats with race mufflers. I picked up 27hp & 24tq on the dyno. I did not retune after installing the exhaust(already had evo stage II). And yes it does bolt directly to my stock exhaust manifold.

one bad thing about it- exhaust dust all over the back of the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you did traditional damping material but not a foam mat over that, you can hit secondskinaudio.com. They have two grades of foam matting which work great.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
2 questions croz... Did you have a lot of dust on the back of the car before? I know I do, it seems like everything collects there and I am stock. Is there any drone at different rpm ranges? I am pretty set on doing the same 3" bassani set up without the headers, so I hope you're satisfied with it. My '98 had Dynomax ultra-flows with a bassani off-road x, and I loved the sound, but they are only doing a 2.5" and I really want the full 3".

·
Registered
861 Posts
2 questions croz... Did you have a lot of dust on the back of the car before? I know I do, it seems like everything collects there and I am stock. Is there any drone at different rpm ranges? I am pretty set on doing the same 3" bassani set up without the headers, so I hope you're satisfied with it. My '98 had Dynomax ultra-flows with a bassani off-road x, and I loved the sound, but they are only doing a 2.5" and I really want the full 3".
dust-not sure, I put the exhaust on with only 500miles on the car. I didn't really pay attention before.

drone- yes around 1900-2000 rpms I like to drive in that range! just remember you have 6 gears so if you don't want to hear the drone just shift! I don't think the drone is annoying, I think that it is the sweet spot!

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
I love the noise, if I wanted a quiet car, I would've got a Focus. I will be following in your footsteps after property taxes are paid. Where did you order from? I've seen prices from 750-950 just bouncing around. If someone took care of you, I just assume get it from them.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I bought mine from v8power.com think it was $1030.xx

that includes everything from the stock exhaust manifolds back.

I think the $750-$850 price range is just for the cat back. that is not including the mid-pipe. I think the off road mid-pipe was $250 and the mid-pipe with High flow cats was a little over $400, make sure you get the correct mid-pipe. the one that bolts directly to the stock exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How many have done the cat-less exhaust y-pipe's and what is your opinion? Does it require a re-tune and how is the noise level inside and outside? Also what is the power gain.....questions, questions.:cheers:
Without Cats its not driveable wayyy too loud.I tried it with my Corsa axlebacks.The cops will have a field day with you.hydro

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am going to try off-road pipes. I had them on my 03 and loved the sound. I presently have performance mufflers on the GT500 and it sounds better than stock but it still does not sound mean enough for me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Without Cats its not driveable wayyy too loud.I tried it with my Corsa axlebacks.The cops will have a field day with you.hydro
Not one problem with cops! I have dark tinted windows and no front plate. Both are ILLEGAL too! No problems at all. and no I don't drive mine like a wussie. Matter of fact I have never reset the MPG. it says 12.x-mpg:rofl: and I have about 4600miles on it!:)

"If it's to loud, You're to old!"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not one problem with cops! I have dark tinted windows and no front plate. Both are ILLEGAL too! No problems at all. and no I don't drive mine like a wussie. Matter of fact I have never reset the MPG. it says 12.x-mpg:rofl: and I have about 4600miles on it!:)

"If it's to loud, You're to old!"
My Shelby GT500 went [email protected] with my tires spinning badly thru stock exhaust only Corsa mufflers.I am older,and faster than you.hydro

·
Registered
861 Posts
My Shelby GT500 went [email protected] with my tires spinning badly thru stock exhaust only Corsa mufflers.I am older,and faster than you.hydro
you are full of shit and so are your numbers! everybody else thinks this too. I just have balls enough to say it!

LETS SEE THE VIDEOS?

All of your post are not worth anything unless you can post vids!

and as i reminder, I am on most video sites every day.............................................................................................................................PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am calling you out!

sorry to everybody else on this site, for any disrespect. But I believe he is full of it!

pm me for any questions.

JJ

·
Registered
149 Posts
My"Dear"croz98gt,
What I am known for putting my money where my mouth is.I don't know where you live but I'd like to have a match race with [email protected] Englishtown Raceway for any amount of money you can afford.Plus calling me "Full of shit" pisses me off as I don't stoop to name calling only Scumbags such as yourself do that.I just tried to put my Video on but it did not go thru.My Time slip did go thru,now scumbag hang it on your wall to remember me by.hydro

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have Bassani 3" exhaust no cats with race mufflers. I picked up 27hp & 24tq on the dyno. I did not retune after installing the exhaust(already had evo stage II). And yes it does bolt directly to my stock exhaust manifold.

one bad thing about it- exhaust dust all over the back of the car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts