Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's time to post this.You guys seem to be really bored.My Shelby left for Las Vegas tonight.It's in Ohio right now and should be in Indiana soon.:) It has a really big week coming up for Carroll Shelbys B-day Bash.I'll be flying into Las Vegas on Thursday 1-10-2008.Then it's over to Shelby Automotive to pick up the beast.Then it's off to Las Angeles,Ca to spend the night and party with some fellow Shelby owners.Friday morning Carroll Shelby is going to lead us(60 to 100 Shelby owners) from L.A. to L.V. to celebrate the kickoff of the 2008 KR.Oldimp will be my co-pilot and to make sure I behave myself.:D Saturday we are off to Las Vegas Int'l Speedway to get some driving instruction and track time.Saturday night we are off to have dinner with Mr Shelby,wow.:D Sunday morning we are going to have breakfast with Mr Shelby.Oldimp should be sick of me by then.;) Sunday I will be off to Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale,Arizona.Monday night I will be at the big Gala at Barrett-Jackson(Dressed to impress)Tuesday everyone else should be tired of me and I will be on my way back to L.V. to fly back home.I will post lots of pictures and keep you guys from boredom.;) :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok, it's time to post this.You guys seem to be really bored.My Shelby left for Las Vegas tonight.It's in Ohio right now and should be in Indiana soon.:) It has a really big week coming up for Carroll Shelbys B-day Bash.I'll be flying into Las Vegas on Thursday 1-10-2008.Then it's over to Shelby Automotive to pick up the beast.Then it's off to Las Angeles,Ca to spend the night and party with some fellow Shelby owners.Friday morning Carroll Shelby is going to lead us(60 to 100 Shelby owners) from L.A. to L.V. to celebrate the kickoff of the 2008 KR.Oldimp will be my co-pilot and to make sure I behave myself.:D Saturday we are off to Las Vegas Int'l Speedway to get some driving instruction and track time.Saturday night we are off to have dinner with Mr Shelby,wow.:D Sunday morning we are going to have breakfast with Mr Shelby.Oldimp should be sick of me by then.;) Sunday I will be off to Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale,Arizona.Monday night I will be at the big Gala at Barrett-Jackson(Dressed to impress)Tuesday everyone else should be tired of me and I will be on my way back to L.V. to fly back home.I will post lots of pictures and keep you guys from boredom.;) :cool:
Hey Fred, I'm really jealous of you and Smitty. I'm sure you will have a great time. What a great way to break in the New Year!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Fred, I'm really jealous of you and Smitty. I'm sure you will have a great time. What a great way to break in the New Year!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Thanks John.I am sure this is a once in a lifetime event.I am sure there will be lots of pictures.:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know you are bring your digital camera and laptop so that you can post daily from your hotel room, via wireless internet, CORRECT?

JJ

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you are bring your digital camera and laptop so that you can post daily from your hotel room, via wireless internet, CORRECT?

JJ

JJ,
Is that a question or a demand?;) Yes I will have a lot of electronic gadgets including the ones you mentioned.It is going to be a very packed 6 days and I will do my best to keep you guys/gals informed.:) I will try and touch on all the highlights while I am there and more meat and potatoes when I get back.:D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
You and Smitty get to have all the fun.:( ;)

We'll try to behave also while you're gone.:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Prez and Orf will keep everyone in line. LOL

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
JJ,
Yes I will have a lot of electronic gadgets including the ones you mentioned.:D
Wow! Watch your back Smitty. May be more than you bargained for.:D :D Now if you were in Iran you would have nothing to fear.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Watch your back Smitty. May be more than you bargained for.:D :D Now if you were in Iran you would have nothing to fear.:rolleyes:

Now I am a shady character?;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hope you guys have a great time. I am real confident that I will get to share in the fun(after the fact) I can handle it. I will be waiting for all the lowdowns here as soon as you can get rested up. Show em what the East Coast is about.

ILLEGAL

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here is my baby getting shipped to Shelby Autos in Vegas.They picked her up at AAI.She was in pretty good company.There were 2 Saleens,Chip Fooses personal pickup truck,Carroll Shelbys black GT 500 and mine.I have to admit,it was hard coughing up those keys and saying bye.;) She is suppose to be in Vegas tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
you are leaking oil on Carrol's car!!!!! lol Have fun!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
:D :D :D Make some room 07 and Oldimp Mustangnut and his brother are going to meet you down there and PARTY with you and all the rest. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Take care Jim:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
:D :D :D Make some room 07 and Oldimp Mustangnut and his brother are going to meet you down there and PARTY with you and all the rest. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Take care Jim:D :D :D
Congrats Jim!!:)

Sounds like you landed tickets after all.:cool:

I am so jealous. Have fun.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wonderful news, Jim! See you there!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Jim,
That's great,what functions are you going to?Are you going to L.A.?Are you going to Scottsdale for Barrett-Jackson?When are you going?When are you coming home?When are we going to hook up?Inquiring minds want to know.;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
i think my flight comes in first so i'll have YoUR car warmed up and out for ya!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
1 day I will be able to do cool stuff like this. I hope you all have the best time of your life out there!

I can't wait for the pics/video's! So that we all can live the dream with you!
HOOK US UP! I am not asking I am telling now! (sorry, it is the NEW YEARS EVE koolaid)

JJ

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 day I will be able to do cool stuff like this. I hope you all have the best time of your life out there!

I can't wait for the pics/video's! So that we all can live the dream with you!
HOOK US UP! I am not asking I am telling now! (sorry, it is the NEW YEARS EVE koolaid)

JJ

JJ,
I will try to keep you up to date while I am out there.I made up a bracket to hold my video cam from the windshield.I am going to video out on Las Vegas Speedway and the run from L.A. to Vegas.I got a PM from Amy Boylan last night and my Shelby came in.It's at Shelby Autos in Vegas inside the shop.That's great as my nerves are a little frazzled.Giving the keys up to the truck driver was like giving one of my kids to a stranger.:eek:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts