Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my visor back with Mr Shelby's autograph.....a letter from him addressed to me thanking me for the donation and a certificate of authenticity.......all very well done.:D

Got everything but my car........15 days :eek:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
What is the website or info to get this done. I read it somewhere and now can't find it. I am thinking it would be nice to have.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just received my visor back with Mr Shelby's autograph.....a letter from him addressed to me thanking me for the donation and a certificate of authenticity.......all very well done.:D

Got everything but my car........15 days :eek:
Awesome! Has anyone purcased the Shelby GT500 dash insert part # 7r3z-6304338-aa from www.team ford? They state that many gt500 owners use this part to send to Carroll Shelby for signature. They want 185.00 for the part. Seems reasonable but wondered if any of you have done this and how it's attached to the dash. Contact tape?:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
looks like a good idea. Couldn't tell what it is made of though. Hope to get more info before I decide on it.
just bought it. hopefully it's not a ripoff, will have Carroll sign it. Will post as to quality. GGBIW

·
Registered
36 Posts
If y'all are talking about the center two air-vents for signature then the process to remove is a little involved (several steps) but not too difficult.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I have not decided what to send off to him yet but will do something before the end of the week. The plate is nice and all but not sure I want to remove my dash to put another replacement part in. I would think they if I have to remove the factory part than just send that to him to sign instead of buying another part.. ??? Now I have a plate thyat I won't use... The best is 07 Shelby getting his dashed signed. I am thinking about the glove box only because I would like something that would be out to see all the time. The visor is nice but you have to flip it down to show it.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have not decided what to send off to him yet but will do something before the end of the week. The plate is nice and all but not sure I want to remove my dash to put another replacement part in. I would think they if I have to remove the factory part than just send that to him to sign instead of buying another part.. ??? Now I have a plate thyat I won't use... The best is 07 Shelby getting his dashed signed. I am thinking about the glove box only because I would like something that would be out to see all the time. The visor is nice but you have to flip it down to show it.
busababy I believe some folks removed the passenger air-bag covers to get signed. That is in full view and from what I have seen looks really sweet. Removal was a little involved but not major surgery. I even think one member posted a picture of the cover signed. Check it out, a real nice touch.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I received one of my xmas presents yesterday. A limited edition Shelby print signed by Carroll Shelby. Number 11 out of 50. Looks pretty sweet hanging on my wall. :D I also had Mr. Shelby sign my visor.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
busababy I believe some folks removed the passenger air-bag covers to get signed. That is in full view and from what I have seen looks really sweet. Removal was a little involved but not major surgery. I even think one member posted a picture of the cover signed. Check it out, a real nice touch.
Yes the best place(if you want it in plain view) is the passenger side air bag.You will have to take the air bag out to get the cover off of it.I have posted pictures but might have taken them off or go up to the VBPicGallery and I have a picture of it installed in the car.It really does look nice.

Here I found a picture of the airbag in the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
to take the font dash out all you need to do is take the four screws that hold the glove box. remove the glove box there are two screws that hold the air bag in place. remove them. unclip the wire harness. there are four interlocking tabs at the top of the dash push them out towards the inside of the car then slide the air bag assembly out it takes about 10 to 15 min.

·
Registered
213 Posts
to take the font dash out all you need to do is take the four screws that hold the glove box. remove the glove box there are two screws that hold the air bag in place. remove them. unclip the wire harness. there are four interlocking tabs at the top of the dash push them out towards the inside of the car then slide the air bag assembly out it takes about 10 to 15 min.
Shouldnt a guy disconnect the battery first also?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Personally I love my Carroll Shelby signatures (Visor, Fuse Box Cover, Manual Sheath, limited edition print 23/25 offered to dealers only, and The Evolution of a Classic print (fake signature)) but would not like to see them all the time. Only when I choose to. Then again that is what makes the world go round.;) I do like the air bag cover for those who choose to display it 24/7.:cool:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Personally I love my Carroll Shelby signatures (Visor, Fuse Box Cover, and Manual Sheath) but would not like to see them all the time. Only when I choose to. Then again that is what makes the world go round.;) I do like the air bag cover for those who choose to display it 24/7.:cool:
That is a good point but I like it over the airbag because of the wow factor. As if its not enough to have the car and all but if the person is lucky enough to get in the 1st thing they see is his signature and I think it would just blow everyone away, but you are right can't go wrong where you get it signed.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
That is a good point but I like it over the airbag because of the wow factor. As if its not enough to have the car and all but if the person is lucky enough to get in the 1st thing they see is his signature and I think it would just blow everyone away, but you are right can't go wrong where you get it signed.
cornfay couldn't agree with you more. I do like the air bag signature and brings back some of the old touch as well.;) Thanks for the great pic 07!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts