Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made application to have my GT500 converted to a 725hp Supersnake at Carroll Shelbys Factory. Price yet to be determined. The list is growing so If your interested ,get on the list by contacting [email protected]. Back in the carcapsule when finished UNLESS I get a GT500KR. Still on my knees praying. GGBIW:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I'm on the list also to get the coupe converted. That is, unless the price is too out of line. The Motor Trend article states we should expect to pay around $10,000.00.

I feel it will probably be more, especialy if you go for the rumored 725 hp:eek: version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also signed up, I am #50 in line.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have a feeling the Super Snake package is going to be priced significantly higher than $10K. The 40th Anniversarry package was $12K. I'm going to venture a guess and say $18K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am thinking the Supersnake package will be significantly more than the 40th Anniversary package. Think about it, the 40th Anniversary package is $11K+. The Supersnake includes pretty much every item of the 40th Package with the addition of a new twin screw supercharger, Baer 6 piston caliper brakes, carbon fiber hood (including paint), new CAI and tune, rear brake ducts and upgraded ALCOA 20' wheels. These items are not cheap. Just the supercharger upgrade will be $6,500 installed. I am thinking $25K to $28K for the total package.

Tom

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Thinking about doing it. But have a ??? What does 725hp do to your Ins???
Heard that over 650 in UN-INSURABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Anybody in the Ins. Bus??????????

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thinking about doing it. But have a ??? What does 725hp do to your Ins???
Heard that over 650 in UN-INSURABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Anybody in the Ins. Bus??????????
It's called, don't ask don't tell!:D :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
It's called, don't ask don't tell!:D :D
Yep. Insurance companies identify a vehicle by the VIN, so as far as they know, it's just a stock GT500.

On another note, will a 725 hp SS pass smog inspection?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my confermation today for the GT500KR Supersnake!! Won't need to buy a GT500KR now. Emailed Bud and asked him to convince Carroll Shelby to take me up on my offer of a tower tour to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge. Hope he can pull it off as I really respect this man. Chicken Farmer to an Icon. You don't have to be a West Point Graduate to figure out God has blessed him. He's selling everything,signing car parts for his childrens foundation. What an awesome man. On a different note, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade , but I think the Supersnake setup will cost FAR more than you think. Somewhere near 40K or more. They are still testing the supercharger setup for that package. Labor usually equals the cost of parts also. I'm going to ask them to install the carbon fiber driveshaft also. Thank you Jesus. I'll give you the honor and give you the praise! GGBIW:D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I wonder what happens to the stock parts.:rolleyes: I would inquire about them as you may want to keep them or find a interested buyer. Just a thought.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder what happens to the stock parts.:rolleyes: I would inquire about them as you may want to keep them or find a interested buyer. Just a thought.
Don't really know but on a different forum they say you do get the parts back. For the SuperSnake that should be a lot of parts as they change just about everything,supercharger,Hood,brakes,seats,shifter,rearend,exhaust, just off the top of my head. All new as my car only has 19 dealer miles on it. If you need anything let me know . GGBIW:)

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
the package will be just under $28,000. I think it will be worth the price for all the additions and exclusivity
Where did you get your info?:confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the package will be just under $28,000. I think it will be worth the price for all the additions and exclusivity
That's cheaper than I expected if it's accurate. GGBIW

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
$28K should be accurate. It's straight out of Amy Boylan's mouth. Looks like a very cool package, but too expensive for me.

Amy Boylan Quote:
The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples:
SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391
SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600
Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price
Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior
Shelby Super Snake Hood
Carbon fiber front fascia splitter
Carbon fiber mirror covers
Carbon fiber rocker panels
SHELBY deck lid letter kit
Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders
Sequential tail lights
Super Snake striping
Front brake duct kit
Rear brake duct kit

Interior
CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque
CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment
Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number
Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)
Shelby floor mats,
Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle
Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges
(boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)
Aluminum Shelby map light accent
Satin door lock knobs

Performance
Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+
Cold Air intake
Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system
Shelby short throw shifter
Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension
Shelby/Eibach sway bars
Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels
20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)
Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear
I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.
Amy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$28K should be accurate. It's straight out of Amy Boylan's mouth. Looks like a very cool package, but too expensive for me.

Amy Boylan Quote:
The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples:
SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391
SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600
Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price
Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior
Shelby Super Snake Hood
Carbon fiber front fascia splitter
Carbon fiber mirror covers
Carbon fiber rocker panels
SHELBY deck lid letter kit
Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders
Sequential tail lights
Super Snake striping
Front brake duct kit
Rear brake duct kit

Interior
CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque
CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment
Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number
Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)
Shelby floor mats,
Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle
Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges
(boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)
Aluminum Shelby map light accent
Satin door lock knobs

Performance
Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+
Cold Air intake
Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system
Shelby short throw shifter
Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension
Shelby/Eibach sway bars
Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels
20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)
Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear
I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.
Amy
LOVE IT! Will do the ultimate package when contacted,back into storage. Left over parts to go on my 2007 V6 to be supercharged. Bought 8.8 3.55 posi complete rearend for the V6 to handle power upgrade. The price is cheaper than I thought. 2007 v6 cost me 17,800,less than the supersnake upgrade.:) GGBIW

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know how it will work for the SS conversion but with the Shelby GTs you do not get the stock parts back, suspension, exhaust, intake, etc. They are sold as used parts. However, if you have Shelby do additional mods to your car you can get the replaced SGT parts. For example, if you order the GT-H hood then you you can get the SGT hood back. Likewise for the tail lights, brakes and wheels.
Probably the best thing to do is drop Bud or John a line and verify what parts can be returned from the SS conversion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to email discussions with Steve and John, you get to keep your stock parts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts