Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I planned on being in bed by now but my adrenaline is flowing still after this trip.I will post all the videos in this thread.
This is leaving Calico,a ghost town in California.This is the 2nd and final leg of Carroll Shelbys 85th B-day Bull Run.We were doing in excess of 20 MPH.:D This is highly compressed so I could put these on a DVD.This is recorded from inside my Shelby on a windshield mounted videocam........Enjoy................

Man, I am going to be tired again tomorrow;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viq_zBEMTjQ

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Very nice, that was ghost town for sure. When you were getting on it the exhaust sounded great. The blue shelby in front of you was getting on it from the stop sign, you needed to run him down and show him who was boss :)

Wish I could have been there, but only if I had my beast.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That was fun! Again!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That was awesome. Thanks Fred. I love the sound of your Shelby. Makes me feel kinda funny. :eek: :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, that was ghost town for sure. When you were getting on it the exhaust sounded great. The blue shelby in front of you was getting on it from the stop sign, you needed to run him down and show him who was boss :)

Wish I could have been there, but only if I had my beast.

I know a lot of these people that were on the Bull Run.I spent 5 days with the Blue Shelby,it was converted to a 40th anniversary.He is also getting a Super Snake.Nice guy,didn't want to cause any accidents.Him and I ran a couple times in Scottsdale,we had a lot of fun.Bill we already know the red 1 is the fastest.:D Prez you would have loved his Shelby.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is part 2 of the final leg of the Bull Run.I am processing and converting the tape as I go along thats why it is not in order.This is a lot of work and time consuming.Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tniIY_o3ZNo

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is part 3 of leg #2 Calico,Ca to LV.There was a black Mustang GT that wasn't part of the group.He cut me off once and our friendship went south.I am not sure how much of this I got,enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/qu5Jl3lpSVQ&rel

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am getting a lot of requests for a copy of this.I will try and work something out.This is a lot of work.I am only on clip #4 of 25(or so),so please have some patience.I am posting on 2 sites at the same time.When do I get a day off.Lol.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I can't be completely sure, but I believe you may have exceeded the speed limit once or twice. Shame on you. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can't be completely sure, but I believe you may have exceeded the speed limit once or twice. Shame on you. :D
No that's not true.;) It is an illusion from the videocam.:D The track session is coming next.:D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Fred:
Hope you enjoyed our nice weather while you were in Scottsdale. A cold snap came through yesterday and temps dropped down in the 30's last night with a high today of only 54.

The wife and I were at the BJ on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fred:
Hope you enjoyed our nice weather while you were in Scottsdale. A cold snap came through yesterday and temps dropped down in the 30's last night with a high today of only 54.

The wife and I were at the BJ on Sunday.

Yes I did.The weather was great the whole time I was there.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JJ as you can see we were very busy and this is just the beginning.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That looks so FREAKIN AWSOME! keep it rolin!
JJ

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is part 4 and the end of the 2nd leg leaving Calico,Ca.Then there is the 1st session of the 1.1 mile,9 turn course on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2WD94LNfy0
Nice! That looked like it was a blast! Too bad you had some folks in front of you on the track. I seemed like they slowed you down quite a bit. I wish there were turning and apex cones set up on our public highways. It would make driving through the twisties much easier. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice! That looked like it was a blast! Too bad you had some folks in front of you on the track. I seemed like they slowed you down quite a bit. I wish there were turning and apex cones set up on our public highways. It would make driving through the twisties much easier. :D

I had 6 days of adventure.I really enjoyed the track sessions.They did slow me down but you were going a lot faster than it looks on the video.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 57 Posts