Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Billy,
Just to confirm that is a 2020? It looks sick. and i love the personalized license plate. Very approriate.

how much was the Hood/Wing combo? And do i see you have a Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Is that from Ford?
Yes it is a 2020. The trunk was $1539 the wing is the OEM CFTP wing. My cost on it was $16k but Anderson is working on a replica that will be out soon for $3500. The diffuser is also from Anderson Composites
This is why having your car year under your screen name is helpful.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Performance Blue GT500 (base)
91 Posts
Currently tuned by PBD. I have no issue with them I am just wanting to see how the Lund tune feels and performs. Making the switch soon
Let us know what you think of both tunes when you can! 👍🏽. Dyno runs from both tuners would be interesting as well 🤔… Anyways, great looking 500! 😄

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
Wait it's already out? I was told they were unveiling it in November? Doesn't look much different to me :ROFLMAO: . . . . unless we are talking price. Then I definitely see the difference.
I was still thinking wow re: the $16,000 price tag for the stock wing.

But I saw the OEM wing weighs .8 pounds less so I get it now. :censored:

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
I was still thinking wow re: the $16,000 price tag for the stock wing.

But I saw the OEM wing weighs .8 pounds less so I get it now. :censored:
OEM wing weighs less because the mounts for the wing are plastic vs aluminum for the Anderson Composite Wing.

However, I believe the real price difference is because there is no way Ford didn't lose money on their CFTP cars. With the price of those wheels, the wing was a bargain. For those buying from ford, I honestly feel as if they are just trying to make up for some lost $$$

·
Registered
2020 GT500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OEM wing weighs less because the mounts for the wing are plastic vs aluminum for the Anderson Composite Wing.

However, I believe the real price difference is because there is no way Ford didn't lose money on their CFTP cars. With the price of those wheels, the wing was a bargain. For those buying from ford, I honestly feel as if they are just trying to make up for some lost $$$
I know right. The list price on the wing is $25k, I own a shop and $16k was my cost. My dealer also told me that it was only slightly marked up over what it costs them

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
90 Posts
That looks great. I'd love to do a CF front Bumper cover, Hood, Roof, Decklid and Rear bumper. I'd Paint them all but leave Shelby stripes exposed carbon. I'm afraid my Antimatter Blue wouldn't accentuate it good enough though and there's the little pesky part of Dying because the wife killed me.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Wow! Just WOW!!! Amazing project! How much weight did you drop by going to the CF trunk lid?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts