Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just over 3 months ago I installed an Anderson Composites trunk and a CFTP wing.
listed on Andersons website it says that big wings cannot be used so I decided to call them.
The tech dept. told me that that warning was directed and large wings that are mounted towards the middle of the truck and that since the CFTP wing mounts to the outside and since the dog ones used for mounting that the carbon trunk will work just fine. I also was informed that they have a test vehicle with a carbon trunk about to get their CFTP wing replica and after their own testing would update the website.
So far I have tested it in both wing settings at 178mph with no issues. Also have numerous 125mph plus runs with no issues.
Here are the pics of the install.
also bonus pics of the rear diffuser install
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Grille
Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Just over 3 months ago I installed an Anderson Composites trunk and a CFTP wing.
listed on Andersons website it says that big wings cannot be used so I decided to call them.
The tech dept. told me that that warning was directed and large wings that are mounted towards the middle of the truck and that since the CFTP wing mounts to the outside and since the dog ones used for mounting that the carbon trunk will work just fine. I also was informed that they have a test vehicle with a carbon trunk about to get their CFTP wing replica and after their own testing would update the website.
So far I have tested it in both wing settings at 178mph with no issues. Also have numerous 125mph plus runs with no issues.
Here are the pics of the install.
also bonus pics of the rear diffuser install View attachment 223545 View attachment 223546 View attachment 223547 View attachment 223548 View attachment 223549 View attachment 223550 View attachment 223551 View attachment 223552 View attachment 223553 View attachment 223554
Awesome Billy! Thanks for clarifying this. Your car is BAD ASS!

Reactions: dfwspeed

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Rabid Red
19 Posts
Billy,
Just to confirm that is a 2020? It looks sick. and i love the personalized license plate. Very approriate.

how much was the Hood/Wing combo? And do i see you have a Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Is that from Ford?

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
This is crazy but in a good way. I'm afraid if I did this, I'd want to eventually swap out each panel with carbon. Glad the trunk holds. I couldn't imagine losing that wing while on throttle. Great choice with exhaust too!

Any other plans for the car?

·
Registered
2020 GT500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Billy,
Just to confirm that is a 2020? It looks sick. and i love the personalized license plate. Very approriate.

how much was the Hood/Wing combo? And do i see you have a Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Is that from Ford?
Yes it is a 2020. The trunk was $1539 the wing is the OEM CFTP wing. My cost on it was $16k but Anderson is working on a replica that will be out soon for $3500. The diffuser is also from Anderson Composites

·
Registered
2020 GT500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is crazy but in a good way. I'm afraid if I did this, I'd want to eventually swap out each panel with carbon. Glad the trunk holds. I couldn't imagine losing that wing while on throttle. Great choice with exhaust too!

Any other plans for the car?
Still waiting on the carbon hood vent, bumper insert and front splitter. Currently the car is tuned on E85 and has a ported supercharger with a 2.7 pulley, injectors, exhaust, fuel rails, intercooler brick upgrade, whipple tensioner. I'm sure I am missing something

·
Registered
169 Posts
Still waiting on the carbon hood vent, bumper insert and front splitter. Currently the car is tuned on E85 and has a ported supercharger with a 2.7 pulley, injectors, exhaust, fuel rails, intercooler brick upgrade, whipple tensioner. I'm sure I am missing something
With these cars, I'm afraid there will always be something "missing" as one always leads to the next. Seems like you've got one hell of a project thus far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It must be close to 950-1000 HP

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I still need to put it on a dyno to know for sure. I am about to switch tuners and will get it on the dyno then
Who have you used? I looked into Palm Beach Dyno and i live in Florida so that would have been convenient but i ended up going with Lund Performance. They were really good

·
Registered
2020 GT500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait it's already out? I was told they were unveiling it in November? Doesn't look much different to me :ROFLMAO: . . . . unless we are talking price. Then I definitely see the difference.
Website has it listed but is still showing "in production"

·
Registered
2020 GT500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Who have you used? I looked into Palm Beach Dyno and i live in Florida so that would have been convenient but i ended up going with Lund Performance. They were really good
Currently tuned by PBD. I have no issue with them I am just wanting to see how the Lund tune feels and performs. Making the switch soon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts