Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was disappointed today to here that after my order was in for a while with Pony Parts it went from a 10 day delay to their vendor being out of stock.Damn I liked the price too.
Oh well.
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering these mirror covers.

·
Registered
2020 gt500 cftp painted stripes
38 Posts
I’m holding out for the Carbon Fiber Carbon Fiber covers.
[/QUOT
I’m holding out for the Carbon Fiber Carbon Fiber covers.
Best way to order from CJ is to check the box for email me when it's back in stock .then order the part immediately when they email you that it's in stock . Got my ac rear defuser in 4 days that way

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
I have these on my car. I dig ‘em... good look for the price. They are worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
133 Posts
I went with the Shelby carbon fiber replacement mirror caps.
Ahh, I see you have the CF window (whatever they call them) pieces too. Very nice touch Eric.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
319 Posts
You guys ever see the carbon fiber PPF from Suntek? The place I’m getting my PPF done is using it on an R8, it looks really good.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
85 Posts
Ahh, I see you have the CF window (whatever they call them) pieces too. Very nice touch Eric.
Thanks . I all them mirror triangle caps. I need to start a thread that depicts all the carbon fiber parts I’ve installed on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
One part I've wondered.

The overlay mirror caps (like what Tim has) vs the replacement mirror caps that you have.
I would assume, watching the installation video, that the overlay caps would leave a gap where water could enter between the actual cap and the overlay (and then freeze etc), while the replacements would directly match the OEM fitment?

And yeah I like the triangles too --- fit really well with the mirrors.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
One part I've wondered.

The overlay mirror caps (like what Tim has) vs the replacement mirror caps that you have.
I would assume, watching the installation video, that the overlay caps would leave a gap where water could enter between the actual cap and the overlay (and then freeze etc), while the replacements would directly match the OEM fitment?

And yeah I like the triangles too --- fit really well with the mirrors.
I’ve had zero issues with the overlay caps. They match the wheels and wing perfectly.

Reactions: DKnight
1 - 11 of 11 Posts