Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is removing their CFTP wheels or has a lead on a set of the carbon fiber wheels, I have cash in hand and am a buyer. I’ve seen some discussions about hard core track guys possibly removing their wheels to put a dedicated set of track wheels/tires on their 2020.

·
Premium Member
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
63 Posts
First mod? More to come? ;)

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
2,991 Posts
First mod was the oil separator. I do have a couple mod ideas... nothing too major like my 2011.
Why would you consider something that came with the car a mod ??

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would you consider something that came with the car a mod ??
It’s all a matter of perspective. I did the install and it took quite awhile... it felt like a mod!

The separator comes with the handling pack and CFTP cars. It comes in the trunk and is a dealer installed option.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
2,991 Posts
3 pc. splitter came in the trunk of the 14, never looked @ it as a mod, just part of the car..

·
Premium Member
5,971 Posts
Carbon fiber finish and Carbon Fiber wheels are two different deals as you know. There is probably 15-20lbs difference in weight per wheel.

That being said, they still look Cool and would be a compliment to any Mustang that had a lot of CF pieces to accompany it.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I come across a factory set at a “reasonable price,” I’ll get them. I’ve chatted with a couple guys that have purchased sets for a price I would have paid. I’ve also been contacted by a couple people selling sets for far more than I am interested in paying.
It’s not a “need.” It’s a “want.” If it happens, it happens, if not... no big deal.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,731 Posts
I would be surprised if the Alcoa’s would clear the front brakes on the 2020.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would be surprised if the Alcoa’s would clear the front brakes on the 2020.
Exactly! The rear brakes on the 2020 are like the front brakes on previous years and the front brakes on the 2020 are GI-normous!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Carbon fiber finish and Carbon Fiber wheels are two different deals as you know. There is probably 15-20lbs difference in weight per wheel.

That being said, they still look Cool and would be a compliment to any Mustang that had a lot of CF pieces to accompany it.
Yes, I know, but I thought I would throw them into the discussion, I guess the db gave it away.....

I sold those CF Alcoa's for $5000 plus shipping a couple of years ago, I was always concerned that "something" may happen to that CF surface and then all of those Alcoa's would have to be stripped and start down a different path........Too much risk involved.

R

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Exactly! The rear brakes on the 2020 are like the front brakes on previous years and the front brakes on the 2020 are GI-normous!
I know the 2020 front brakes are bigger than mine, but I do have the Baer 15" upgrade and between the "thick" 6 piston Baer calipers and the inside of the 20" Alcoa, there is more than 1/2" clearance. If the calipers were not so big between the rotor and the wheel, the clearance would be even greater for an even larger diameter rotor.

R

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They need to be ginormous. The 2020 is a pig compared to the real Shelby GT500 (2007-2014).
Funny! 🤣

You have obviously not spent any time at the wheel of a 2020.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts