Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a carbon fiber driveshaft and have you had or heard of any problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have considered purchasing one since they are good for over 1000HP and about the same price as aluminum.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Do a search. There are several threads on this topic already, some real recent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have heard both good and bad things about the CF driveshafts.IMO the Dynatech Aluminum DS is the best. I picked mine up from LethalPerf and there are zero vibrations (been taken up over 160 MPH) and has withstood multiple hard passes at the track with nitrous.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have considered purchasing one since they are good for over 1000HP and about the same price as aluminum.
I priced the CF with Dynotech when I was searching for a one-piece and the CF was almost exactly double the price of the aluminum ($1500). But, that was some time back now! I really wanted the CF, but I knew I would never have enough HP to warrant the extra money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've used CF driveshafts in the past. I thought they were great - more responsive and easier to shift the car. MMR has one - give them a call and they'll be able to tell you more. I think it is around $1100ish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts