Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 186 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,469 Posts
They did have a great showing of the Mystics this year. Now I know why! Have you ever gotten out here Tim for any Carlisle event?
Wish I could have been there... haven’t gone yet... too far to travel.

Reactions: Nuttypinhead12

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
295 Posts
The club had a meeting Wednesday and said the owner of the dealership offered to have 3-5 cars from our club park inside. Their inventory is so low so they didn’t mind. But yes super cool.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,199 Posts
Likewise! You have a cool and uncommon color combo!
It is an odd color combo, for sure. It took awhile, but I really like it now. It cannot help but get noticed. When I researched the 2013 production sheet, there were only 165 Ingot silver coupes made. And only 7 with the red accent stripes and red leather stripes on the base seats. Not a common GT500, to be sure, and these S197 GT500s are not a common site, around here, at least. At this local show/fundraiser, there were 5 Scumaros sitting next to my car. Not a single one of those people walked over to investigate the Shelby. Strange people, those Camaro people.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
761 Posts
I had this in another spot, but it really belongs here, for a small, local show. I wish a Ford dealer around here would do something similar.
Our local Ford dealer has a Mustang show for our club every year. It was Sat, but I was out of state so I didn't make it. We usually get about 40+ from the club, and it's open to any Mustang. We get some new members this way (and it's how I found the club years ago).

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts
Went to a smaller nearby C&C this morning. One of my martial arts students was there with his dad, who drove his yellow Viper.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Cloud Smile Tire Wheel Sky
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
761 Posts
From the local show on Sat with a couple club members. Rain kept the numbers down so everybody got a participation award for showing up. It was a millenial show.

Before this we stopped at the VFW for a pancake breakfast, and they also had a show going. So just before we left to come here, I won 5 qts of oil as a door prize. So the oil change for the Mustang is covered.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,861 Posts
A few pics from the “First Friday” of the month cruise-in on the southside of Indy.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,889 Posts
It is an odd color combo, for sure. It took awhile, but I really like it now. It cannot help but get noticed. When I researched the 2013 production sheet, there were only 165 Ingot silver coupes made. And only 7 with the red accent stripes and red leather stripes on the base seats. Not a common GT500, to be sure, and these S197 GT500s are not a common site, around here, at least. At this local show/fundraiser, there were 5 Scumaros sitting next to my car. Not a single one of those people walked over to investigate the Shelby. Strange people, those Camaro people.
Getting it down to " 1 of 7 " with the SVT spreadsheet, which leaves a lot to be desired is pretty cool. Had you ever considered a stat report from ( www.martiauto.com ) ?
He breaks down the MY using your VIN, will tell you how many like yours were built.
I've bought ( 3 ), when they were $ 60 + $ 7 for shipping, price is now $ 80.
Your car may be more special than you think, gives people @ car shows something to read..

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,199 Posts
Getting it down to " 1 of 7 " with the SVT spreadsheet, which leaves a lot to be desired is pretty cool. Had you ever considered a stat report from ( www.martiauto.com ) ?
He breaks down the MY using your VIN, will tell you how many like yours were built.
I've bought ( 3 ), when they were $ 60 + $ 7 for shipping, price is now $ 80.
Your car may be more special than you think, gives people @ car shows something to read..
That is an outstanding idea! I showed your response to the wife and I told her what a great Christmas gift that the Marti Report would make. Or, the next time she purchases a bunch of clothes, etc., I will just order it myself. Great idea about displaying the report at a car show. The web link says it pertains to Ford cars up to 2012. I wonder if I can get one for our 2013. I think I will contact them about it.
One other thing, it seems that our cars have a split like/dislike among car folks. I have noticed either people drooling all over the car at events or I have folks who make snarky comments about it being "just a Mustang" BS. Camaro owners? Chevelle owners? Who knows?????

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,889 Posts
That is an outstanding idea! I showed your response to the wife and I told her what a great Christmas gift that the Marti Report would make. Or, the next time she purchases a bunch of clothes, etc., I will just order it myself. Great idea about displaying the report at a car show. The web link says it pertains to Ford cars up to 2012. I wonder if I can get one for our 2013. I think I will contact them about it.
One other thing, it seems that our cars have a split like/dislike among car folks. I have noticed either people drooling all over the car at events or I have folks who make snarky comments about it being "just a Mustang" BS. Camaro owners? Chevelle owners? Who knows?????
Marti may not have updated their link, I got one for my 2011, 2014, & my 2017 F150.
Gm owners are disappointed because our cars make theirs look underwhelming.
Mopar owners just shake their heads when looking under my hood..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts
@real_supersnake and I went to a little show this evening. This little guy was riding around on a gas powered motorcycle with training wheels and dad helping. He showed a lot of interest in Austin’s and my Mustangs, so I took this pic of him.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,679 Posts
@real_supersnake and I went to a little show this evening. This little guy was riding around on a gas powered motorcycle with training wheels and dad helping. He showed a lot of interest in Austin’s and my Mustangs, so I took this pic of him.

View attachment 218652
You didn't toss him the keys, Tim? ;):ROFLMAO: I mean, all he has to do is twist the knob and smash the right pedal. ;)

Reactions: Nuttypinhead12

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts
You didn't toss him the keys, Tim? ;):ROFLMAO: I mean, all he has to do is twist the knob and smash the right pedal. ;)
He was tiny! It would take a few of him to drive... this scene comes to mind:

121 - 140 of 186 Posts