Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500
735 Posts
For all you KC folks, I received an e-mail from Gateway Classic Cars that they are starting up Caffeine and Chrome again! Last Saturday in April.
There was a Gateway near me in Florida that I'd hit every month or two. Year around down there. There's one about an hour from me up here in Michigan. I'm guessing they do them here but not sure. There were very few car events last year.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
611 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
Reactions: Nuttypinhead12

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
979 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Got invited by the SoCal SAAC to spend the day with them last weekend. We started in Escondido, went out to Julian, up to Idyllwild and back. It was a blast! The only unfortunate part about driving is I didn't get many pictures. My wife got a bunch with her camera, but I haven't had the opportunity to get them off of the memory stick and onto a computer.

All 4 are factory 5s with 427 r-coded motors. All 4 signed by Allan Grant, but only the President's car was signed by the man himself.

Ferrari 458 Italia, which I very much enjoyed the irony here. He was a funny fella. The oldest gentlemen there and he let this thing rip!

Hertz Shelby

Me and the '17 350

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Other pics from the day.

Note: if youre wondering about the C7... it was a base model vert. I didnt take any deliberate pictures of him and I only spoke with him once. The guy was an ******* to say the least.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
735 Posts
Note: if youre wondering about the C7... it was a base model vert. I didnt take any deliberate pictures of him and I only spoke with him once. The guy was an *** to say the least.
Anyone that drives a convertible with the top down and windows up is a dork!

Reactions: msirach

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,439 Posts
Went to my Masonic lodge show in town today. Scored a trophy which was shocking as there were a lot of really nice rides there.
View attachment 216706
Congrats on the win. Classed & judged I presume ?
What I notice is the owners of a lot of " older " cars just show up & park, do little or no prep work leading up to the judging..

·
Premium Member
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
255 Posts
Congrats on the win. Classed & judged I presume ?
What I notice is the owners of a lot of " older " cars just show up & park, do little or no prep work leading up to the judging..
Thanks. It was judged but they just did a top 40 and didn't list them as who was #1, #2, etc.so not to slight anyone. This one had a lot of really nice cars. The green 69 Chevelle next to me was super nice top to bottom and got one. If he didn't and I did I would've been embarrassed. There were the usual shitboxes like the Challenger that went through the Pep Boys aisle that is at every show and wins one. But almost all were cleaned up nice, etc.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
611 Posts
He also drove top down with his hood up/strings pulled because it was cold. I assume it was because the factory 5's have no top.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Well, call me a dork then. There are times I'll have the top down with the windows up in my verts: at highway speeds to cut down on wind buffeting especially when the wife with long hair is in the car or when it's chilly outside but nice enough to have the top down with the heat on.

Reactions: msirach

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
Well, call me a dork then. There are times I'll have the top down with the windows up in my verts: at highway speeds to cut down on wind buffeting especially when the wife with long hair is in the car or when it's chilly outside but nice enough to have the top down with the heat on.
I've been known to wear a coat and drive with my windows open and the heater on.
And my wife knows I'm a dork :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2011 GT500
735 Posts
Tim, that is Rule #5 of convertible ownership. "Never operate vehicle with top down and windows up". Penalty for breaking Rule #5 is banishment from convertible operation. ;)
I actually have never owned a Mustang convertible. The C7 Corvette has virtually no buffeting. I could carry a hands free conversation on the phone with mine top and windows down running along I-4.
IMG_20151127_123019522.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Tim, that is Rule #5 of convertible ownership. "Never operate vehicle with top down and windows up". Penalty for breaking Rule #5 is banishment from convertible operation. ;)
I actually have never owned a Mustang convertible. The C7 Corvette has virtually no buffeting. I could carry a hands free conversation on the phone with mine top and windows down running along I-4. View attachment 216790
My Mustang convertibles are older... you get buffeting. I do cruise with the windows down, but at highway speeds, they are usually up.

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
268 Posts
I've had my wife's window up with the heater on, but I have NEVER put my window up. I usually turn her seat heater on as soon as she gets in the car if it is getting near evening.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
From the Mystic FB page... the most 96 Mystic Cobras photographed together! They planned a meet-up at Carlisle this year:

0FF344A3-789A-4277-8F4F-E61C5224C7DB.jpeg
FC746705-CE3B-4352-B5D1-EBEDAF60BA4F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
255 Posts
101 - 120 of 121 Posts