Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500
735 Posts
I ordered a sign today. We shall see if it helps.

View attachment 209280
It might work but you'll need a bunch to spread around the car. One thing I've noticed about car events /shows are that people respect the old stuff much more than late model entries. I've done a lot of shows over the years from big NSRA and Goodguys shows to the mack daddy Autorama in Detroit many moons ago. I guess they think the old stuff has a lot of blood sweat and tears put into them from the owner (which many have) and the new stuff is just a washed up new car that is "just" a car that the owner bought and has no sweat into it. Pop up parking lot car shows attract a lot of non-car people that happen to just be in the area. Those are the worst to have poking around the cars.....

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,621 Posts
As many of you know, I have a close friend who has a gorgeous collection of vintage BMW's that we have shown for the past 20 years. Even at the prestigious car shows that we've attended, there are folks who just don't get it. He has a 1937 BMW 327 that is totally stock which he restored years ago. It's well over one million in value. When it's being shown, I pop open my lawn chair, Light a cigar, and spend most of the day just sitting adjacent to the car and watching out for those who have no respect for these historical pieces or are simply uneducated about proper etiquette at car shows. Either way, it keeps me busy! If Lothar sees a youngster ogling the car, he will go over and allow him to sit in the drivers seat and saw at the steering wheel! It's a great way to pass on our love for automobiles!

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
First non-rainy weekend here in over a month. Sun was out and so were the cars. So I masked up and hit a local cruise in and snapped some pics. Hope this helps those that have had a rough go weather-wise as of late. Spring is coming guys!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
That’s awesome Kris! I haven’t done a show in awhile now... having withdrawals! 😬

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2011 GT500
735 Posts
I'm planning on heading to the rescheduled Detroit Autorama the first weekend of April. I don't own anything to enter any more so it'll just be spectating.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,014 Posts
Soft spot in my heart for the Gremlin X. My first car was a 1972 Gremlin with a 304 c.i. V-8. Thing may have looked funky, but it ran pretty good! Pic is from Spring of 1976. Laugh all you want!

View attachment 211693
OKAY... laugh I will....

sorry... OMG, the KISS shirt just made the pic perfect... LOL.....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y) :LOL: :LOL:

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
About as pure as the year 1976 can get! Heck, I saw KISS 8 times spanning the timeframe of 1976 through the reunion tour of 1997.
The photo is simply iconic!
It could not be more perfect.

Please say those were bell bottom black jeans......

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
About as pure as the year 1976 can get! Heck, I saw KISS 8 times spanning the timeframe of 1976 through the reunion tour of 1997.
The photo is simply iconic!
It could not be more perfect.

Please say those were bell bottom black jeans......

And y'all Boomers make fun of Millennials. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
And y'all Boomers make fun of Millennials. ;)
Not me.

I would never make fun of your Tide-Pod challenges or any of those things.

:giggle:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Soft spot in my heart for the Gremlin X. My first car was a 1972 Gremlin with a 304 c.i. V-8. Thing may have looked funky, but it ran pretty good! Pic is from Spring of 1976. Laugh all you want!

View attachment 211693
I like the LONG hair and PARTED in the middle....
Remember WHEN many of us still had hair on top!
Alas, no MORE for me, and has been that way a LONG time PARTED!
🤓👴👴👴

81 - 100 of 121 Posts