Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Remove stripes?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
That's a personal decision. I'm fond of white stripe delete as I ordered my 2012 that way. I think the plain white is pretty classy looking. You did pay extra for those stripes.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Gt500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a personal decision. I'm fond of white stripe delete as I ordered my 2012 that way. I think the plain white is pretty classy looking. You did pay extra for those stripes.
I wanted white and no stripes and black roof but was able to make a deal on this one. I was haggling with 3 dealerships. Personally I think the stripes are a more aggressive look but I prefer a more mild, sleeper tone.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I say keep the stripes and after a couple of weeks you can always have them removed if you’re still not enamored.

Beautiful weather tomorrow for a nice ride! Congratulations.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,210 Posts
Welcome to ownership of a Shelby! I'm biased, of course, but I'm in favor of keeping the stripes. Most of us like it when people compliment the car, and the stripes certainly say "Shelby", given their history with the GT350. As said, leave them on and decide if you like them. Every one of my past Shelbys have been white! It's just my "tip of the hat" to the original 1965 GT350!

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,533 Posts
My original build plan for a GT350 was going to be a white stripe delete with bronze/gold wheels and red calipers and a gloss black wrapped roof. If you're thinking of a similar combination then I would say remove them.

If you're going to leave those black wheels or keep a black wheel on the car in general, then I think the black stripes help tie the wheels in to the rest of the cars and in that case I would leave the stripes on there.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray with Black Painted Roof
77 Posts
I was on the fence but ended up with Gray car Black roof no stripes. It definitely is more reserved in the look. I saw a red one once with black stripes the other day driving and my eye was immediately drawn to it. I decided not to put stripes on mine and the rest of my family agrees they like the look without stripes. (Honestly these cars look great in any combination. Glad i didn't have to order one and pick a color).
Car Sky Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
I am new here. I live in Florida but bought car from SC. I was not expecting car until tomorrow but it got here tonight. First pictures below

View attachment 228162
View attachment 228161
View attachment 228160
View attachment 228159
Congrats on the score!

I am a fan of stripes on these cars. I prefer a BOLD look and stripes definitely help in that department. However, the factory vinyl stripes have gaps… they stop short of panel edges. I’m with Barb… run the stripes for awhile and see what you think of them after a bit. If you are leaning towards keeping them, consider swapping them out for aftermarket stripes with no gaps. You could even get creative with the color.

Reactions: msirach

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Black
70 Posts
I like having stripes and not just because my Shelby has them. I think it adds a more aggressive look, bold. You can always remove them.

Reactions: msirach

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP in twister orange
75 Posts
Remove them, but add aftermarket ones (much better quality). The factory ones are horrible and I didn't want to keep those. You can get either matte or gloss from big work, i got gloss and they look great and wrap all the way around.

·
Registered
2009 Alloy Metallic Gt500
96 Posts
Awesome. Make sure you use collars on your barbell. Makes me nervous seeing it so close to your vehicles. And that coming from a weightlifter since 1979. Pretty car!
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that picture. One of the benefits of being a “worst case scenario” kind of guy I guess.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
727 Posts
The “purists” will always say keep the stripes. I don’t care about what was done in the past, I removed mine. Good thing about removing them, you can always add them back using much better vinyl and better installation.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
507 Posts
The “purists” will always say keep the stripes. I don’t care about what was done in the past, I removed mine. Good thing about removing them, you can always add them back using much better vinyl and better installation.
I’m a purist, I like my cars like I like my underwear…. Wait….

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts