Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Two first-time posters on the same thread. I'd be careful with this offer. I think a member here knows of three or four that area headed up to Canadia too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Two first-time posters on the same thread. I'd be careful with this offer. I think a member here knows of three or four that area headed up to Canadia too.
I'm glad you keep an eye on that. GGBIW:D

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's right.

I tried to make a deal with Rose City Ford yesterday but could not come to an agreement on price.

The good thing about Rose City Ford is that they are asking for $10K ADM, but that is in Canadian funds, so if you do the math, they're only asking around $8,300 USD. Keep in mind that Canadian MSRP starts at $52,299 (for the coupe) plus all the other taxes, so you'll have to factor that into your purchase as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
email me at [email protected] I have one available for Spring delivery
Just to let you all know This guy is a REAL STRAIGHT SHOOTER!! He sold me my Shelby and another to a fellow Windsorite without any problems. We also have become GOOD FRIENDS so I know he is not going to screw you around. Give him a call, what have you got to lose? Take care Mustang

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Mustang Nut ! I also can only have a Canadian buyer, unfortunatly Ford does not want us to sell across the border so we are following their instructions. So if you want a Canadian built Shelby for this spring build email me ASAP. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
933 Posts
mustangnut,

I don't doubt you've had a great experience with this delearship.

If he's the 'REAL STRAIGHT SHOOTER', then can you share with me how much ADM you had to pay for your Shelby? Or did you get yours at MSRP?

You can PM me with your answers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to let you all know This guy is a REAL STRAIGHT SHOOTER!! He sold me my Shelby and another to a fellow Windsorite without any problems. We also have become GOOD FRIENDS so I know he is not going to screw you around. Give him a call, what have you got to lose? Take care Mustang
Arbour88,

I agree completely wth Mustangnut, Tommytutone is the real deal, remember the Owner sets the ADM not the Salesman. Think about it, it's not really going to be 10 grand because I'm sure you are paying an ADM at the dealer you have your deposit with. Let's say the ADM your paying is as little as $500 on your '08, then you have to factor in the increase in MSRP for the '08's. If the increase is say........$2000 (approximately, I don't think this has been finalized yet) then your now into this '08 for $2500. If you subtract that from Tommytutone's 10 Grand ADM it's now only $7500. What do you get for your $7500 bucks, well you'll get to drive your shelby at least 1 full year sooner. More importantly you'll get to drive it this summer! Only you know your finances but it's something to consider........................

JD

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Arbour88,

I agree completely wth Mustangnut, Tommytutone is the real deal, remember the Owner sets the ADM not the Salesman. Think about it, it's not really going to be 10 grand because I'm sure you are paying an ADM at the dealer you have your deposit with. Let's say the ADM your paying is as little as $500 on your '08, then you have to factor in the increase in MSRP for the '08's. If the increase is say........$2000 (approximately, I don't think this has been finalized yet) then your now into this '08 for $2500. If you subtract that from Tommytutone's 10 Grand ADM it's now only $7500. What do you get for your $7500 bucks, well you'll get to drive your shelby at least 1 full year sooner. More importantly you'll get to drive it this summer! Only you know your finances but it's something to consider........................

JD
Call me overly cautious or too conservative but with a name like Tommytutone I have my reservations! Just my 2cts. How Ya Do'in does not sit well with me, despite my roots.;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Call me overly cautious or too conservative but with a name like Tommytutone I have my reservations! Just my 2cts. How Ya Do'in does not sit well with me, despite my roots.;)
867-5309 :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
double post.

·
Registered
933 Posts
jduffy,

In that case, I disagree with both you and Mustangnut.

While exchanging emails on Tuesday this week, I offered to purchase the car and courier a bank draft in the amount of $65K and 'Tommytutone' turned it down, else I would be driving a Shelby this summer, but he obviously didn't want to sell the car.

Say what you want, but I believe I was more than fair with my offer to purchase.

I'll wait for my 2008 and pay less than I offered him.

He may be the 'real deal' for you 2, but he has not convinced me of that.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't see where I said how ya'll doing anywhere ,and since when does a sign on nick name have anything to do with a persons character or demeanor. As I said in my previous e-mail I can only deal with Canadians anyways.

·
Registered
46 Posts
jduffy,

In that case, I disagree with both you and Mustangnut.

While exchanging emails on Tuesday this week, I offered to purchase the car and courier a bank draft in the amount of $65K and 'Tommytutone' turned it down, else I would be driving a Shelby this summer, but he obviously didn't want to sell the car.
Say what you want, but I believe I was more than fair with my offer to purchase.

I'll wait for my 2008 and pay less than I offered him.

He may be the 'real deal' for you 2, but he has not convinced me of that.
Arbour88,

Just trying to help, so let the waiting begin...........................

JD

·
Registered
933 Posts
jduffy,

I know you're just trying to help. Thank you for trying. It just wasn't in the cards between your dealer and I. That's all I'm saying.

Seriously...I'm OK with waiting. I really want the lighting package with HID headlights and black stripe option available in 2008.

Hopefully, your dealer's found a buyer for his last car by now and all is taken care of.

·
Registered
275 Posts
jduffy,

I know you're just trying to help. Thank you for trying. It just wasn't in the cards between your dealer and I. That's all I'm saying.

Seriously...I'm OK with waiting. I really want the lighting package with HID headlights and black stripe option available in 2008.

Hopefully, your dealer's found a buyer for his last car by now and all is taken care of.
My dealer says I'm too early for a 2008 deposit. My son says drive the car I have.My wife has all of my kids saying forget another car.I can't see losing money on a gy500 though. I would like a 2008 gt500 with the headlight upgrade also. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I just drove the car I own. I saw one senior member state that his car is going to be left to his family and should bring a tidy sum to his estate.It's getting pretty hard not to drive my gt500.May have to rethink my goals. I hope you get your gt500 at the price you want to pay. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
My dealer says I'm too early for a 2008 deposit. My son says drive the car I have.My wife has all of my kids saying forget another car.I can't see losing money on a gy500 though. I would like a 2008 gt500 with the headlight upgrade also. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I just drove the car I own. I saw one senior member state that his car is going to be left to his family and should bring a tidy sum to his estate.It's getting pretty hard not to drive my gt500.May have to rethink my goals. I hope you get your gt500 at the price you want to pay. :)
GGBIW You are only here for a good time NOT a long time!! If you have a Shelby DRIVE it Let the kids have whats left. Take Care Mustangnut

·
Registered
933 Posts
ggbiw,

In Canada the allocations were done differently than in the U.S.

Up here, only SVT dealerships are permitted to sell the Shelbys, so based on numbers alocated to the Canadian market, the SVT dealers know how many to expect for sale in both 2007 and 2008 production years. The 2009s are still up in the air as far as allocations are concerned, as I'm not sure if anyone knows how many are destined to the Canadian market.

So, it wasn't hard for my dealer to accept my deposit in 2006 for the 2008 model as he knew he was going to get his allotment of around 15 cars for 2008.

I'm assured a 2008, so I'm not worried about whether or not I get a 2007. Don't get me wrong, if the right deal comes up, then I'll buy it (or at least make an offer to purchase). I have the cash, but I'm not prepared to just hand it over to any dealer because they suddenly get rewarded by Ford for a very successful sales year by being presented with 4 additional Shelby allocations. Those 4 cars in my mind were strictly bonus cars and the result of selling the cars would be cash straight into the dealers pocket, so to refuse my offer (which in the end was only $3K below the final sale price) was just plain silly on their part. To me, that was a slam dunk sale.

Oh well, enough whining as 07 SHELBY would say.

I'm happy to be receiving a 2008 because of the additional options being offered on this model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts