Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, boys, I'm posting this up early in hopes it will give everyone (including myself) time to come up with an awesome excuse to tell the wife. :grin:

Who's interested in getting together for C&O?

If we have a big group (more than 5 maybe?) of people interested we can meet and drive in as a group and park in the normal lot, as I don't think the VIP lot will allow that many Shelbys in. If it is a smaller group, and there is the desire by the group, we could try to get there real early and get in to the VIP corral area.

I'm up for anything. We could meet early at a Waffle House or something and then head to C&O. Just tossing out ideas.

We bounced the idea around of trying to get in to the VIP corral area at the end of this thread:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/7-pics-vids/171129-pics-caffeine-octane-sep-3rd-2017-a-3.html

@Toddfathergt500 (DIB w/ white stripes)
@fletchffletch (Sterling Metallic Gray, stripe delete)
@mavisky (Vapor Silver vert, stripe delete)
@67restoMod (white with grabber blue stripes)
@fastback (red vert)
@copracer77 (George, the retired NYPD guy; he just joined the site; DIB w/ white stripes)
@Doug's GT500 (white vert with red stripes)
Roby (guy I met there with the DIB w/ red stripes; I have his email and will point him to this thread)
Gordon (guy with the black w/ red stripes; I have his email and will point him to this thread)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,784 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No doubt I'm in
Awesome! Welcome aboard 500cat! Post up some pics of your ride when you get a chance. We likey pics! :grin:

I heard from Roby and George ( @copracer77 ) as well so thus far we have 4. We're on a roll! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
13 gt 500 d.i.b with red stripes. ( superman )

Can't post pics says pics to big what to do. Lol

@500cat i haven't run in to that issue. @Goose17 might be able to help or point us in the right direction.

Sorry, I only have iPhone access as am out of town at wife's family reunion. I'm drinking heavily and posting under the influence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,784 Posts
13 gt 500 d.i.b with red stripes. ( superman )
Can't post pics says pics to big what to do. Lol
Check out the New Member link above. It explains how to post big pictures.

Nice to see all the new members. Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was gonna try and make it......but then I realized you were too far away.....and I don't have a car anymore....... :lol:
Come on down, Greg! Remember from one of my previous C&O threads? Your car is already here! :grin:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Trying to see if I can get my friend to bring his NSX down from out of town. Going to be a busy weekend as I'm looking to try and get my car on the dyno up at Vengeance as part of street car takeover.

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We're a little over a week out. Thought I'd put another reminder out there and see where we stand from a headcount perspective.

Sounds like the following guys are in (at least we were a week or so ago)
me
Roby
@copracer77
@Gordon Dinkel
@500cat and @mavisky -- may be hitting the dyno instead of C&O?

Friendly reminder/invitation to the others:
@fastback (red vert)

Have a good Friday and weekend, guys!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
We're a little over a week out. Thought I'd put another reminder out there and see where we stand from a headcount perspective.

Sounds like the following guys are in (at least we were a week or so ago)
me
Roby
@copracer77
@Gordon Dinkel

@500cat and @mavisky -- may be hitting the dyno instead of C&O?

Friendly reminder/invitation to the others:
@fastback (red vert)

Have a good Friday and weekend, guys!
Dyno is Friday night. No conflict.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'm planing on coming. Let me know time and place we are meeting.
Hadn't seen any plans on meeting. FYI I tend to leave my house at 5-530AM for this event and I'm only about 35 minutes away. If you're not there by 6 AM you're out in the friggin weeds.

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hadn't seen any plans on meeting. FYI I tend to leave my house at 5-530AM for this event and I'm only about 35 minutes away. If you're not there by 6 AM you're out in the friggin weeds.

10-4 on that. Yep meeting plans have not yet firmed up. I was trying to get a headcount confirmed then toss out a meeting time and place. The more I've thought about it the more I think just meeting in the general parking area is best at least for this "initial" meeting. I could get there early and put out some cones to hold spots. Doing something more exotic like meeting real early for breakfast before going to the event, or trying to get in to the corral, is probably too hard.

I've met in the Best Buy parking lot before. That's a good place to meet and just right across the street. Could meet there at 5am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts