Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F.Y.I.-I don't think there is any info on this so make a mental note of this.If in the future you start getting a funky smell in the cabin of your Shelby your cabin air filter is probably plugged up.This filter is 9"x8"x1".The reason I bring this up is the location of the filter.The filter is located almost directly behind the battery but you can't see it.Pop the hood see the battery,see the black cowling on top of the firewall that runs from the passenger side to the driver side?Yes it is undeneath it on the passenger side behind the battery.I didn't design it I am just letting you guys know,ok............07.....................

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks 07!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
F.Y.I.-I don't think there is any info on this so make a mental note of this.If in the future you start getting a funky smell in the cabin of your Shelby your cabin air filter is probably plugged up.This filter is 9"x8"x1".The reason I bring this up is the location of the filter.The filter is located almost directly behind the battery but you can't see it.Pop the hood see the battery,see the black cowling on top of the firewall that runs from the passenger side to the driver side?Yes it is undeneath it on the passenger side behind the battery.I didn't design it I am just letting you guys know,ok............07.....................
It is mentioned in the owners manual but its location is quite vague. Thanks 07 as you have identified its whereabouts. I have noticed with other Ford products that this does need changing as your nose will let you know when it is time.:D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Also the drain for the AC plugs up. You'll get a mildew smell in the cabin.
Lambbo, where exactly does the drain tube exit the cabin? I would imagine that you would also get water in the cabin as well if it were not draining properly?:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
When mine pluged up, I took it to the dealer. They cleaned it out and said they had a couple others with the same problem. I looked in the floor boards but they seemed to be dry. Once they cleaned out the drain and the pan, the smell went away immediately. I'm not sure how they did it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You didn't design it?:p

I'll sprinkle some cinnamon on it.;)

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts