Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I completed this install a while ago. Here are some pics. Complete bolt in.

Here's the kit

Side by side with old AFCO

Mounted the pump bracket with washers (not in the kit) for spacing. Otherwise the bracket sits cockeyed.

Installed the pump back into the bracket (b/f mounting it). PITA. I used plenty of grease. Rotated the pump about 1/4" rearward for the hose connection to clear the fan.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fan clearance from bottom

Wiring was simple. I just fed everything how i wanted. Ran driver side up across behind the frame. The relays i mounted on the outside of the frame on both sides. The grey and black grounds were mounted together. Make sure their good and tight.

The fuse assy comes closed loop. I cut the wire leaving a larger portion on one side for a cleaner install to the fuse box. Added a double females 10 gage wire butt connector (not in kit) to one end, and the supplied larger loop connector to the longer end.

Made my connection to the hot lead from the fuse box. I had to place both directly under the exisiting hot lead just off on either side. I also had to dremmel a little off the inside center tab of the red extended cover since the additional wire loops changed the height of the bolt. This allowed the cover to snap in correctly.

The two small silver bolts need to be cut down by about an 1/8" or else they will be pressed against the underside of the HE when the splitter and plastic center piece are put back in.

Then we added coolant. Checked all lines, etc. Both hoses were changed. Started and ran for 20 minutes. Rag test complete.

Glad i made the change. Will never regret it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Damn....u the man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts