Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -
Recently obtained a gt500. Came with a c&l cold air intake. Not the biggest fan of oil filters. Is it possible to replace just the filter itself with a dry filter? If so, which is the correct part /number /model / brand?

thanks

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Hi All -
Recently obtained a gt500. Came with a c&l cold air intake. Not the biggest fan of oil filters. Is it possible to replace just the filter itself with a dry filter? If so, which is the correct part /number /model / brand?

thanks
Welcome to the forum! I went with a dry blue Airaid filter on my 2011. You don’t have to worry about oil messing with the MAF sensor. As for size, measure your intake opening diameter and length allotted and check out their site.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,312 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Yes, just the filter can be replaced.
What year GT500 ?
www.afepower.com
Click the products tab, under induction you'll find " build your own filter ", gives a nice pic of how filters are sized..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! I went with a dry blue Airaid filter on my 2011. You don’t have to worry about oil messing with the MAF sensor. As for size, measure your intake opening diameter and length allotted and check out their site.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby, you’ll find our new member area here:

i’ve never had a GT 500 but I know it’s caused issues with past vehicles that I’ve had so I’d rather stay away from that. which side are you referring to, to see?
Welcome to the site.
Yes, just the filter can be replaced.
What year GT500 ?
www.afepower.com
Click the products tab, under induction you'll find " build your own filter ", gives a nice pic of how filters are sized..
Maybe I missed it? I can’t find just a filter. I can if it’s the original air box. I see their entire CAI but not just the CAI (after market filter)

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,351 Posts
Unless you find one that says it fits your specific CAI, pull off your filter and measure it. You need the i.d., width and length for the most part. I'm assuming you have a conical filter.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
which side are you referring to, to see?
As catmonkey said, measure your filter and then go to Airaid’s website to see if they have one that will work.

Reactions: Sigma6

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As catmonkey said, measure your filter and then go to Airaid’s website to see if they have one that will work.
@Goose17 -answer like i am a kid here please ;) AMI measure the outner side of the inlet hole or just the inner (for width) or am I measure the entire filter top to bottom. Spell it out. Thanks ahahaha

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
@Goose17 -answer like i am a kid here please ;) AMI measure the outner side of the inlet hole or just the inner (for width) or am I measure the entire filter top to bottom. Spell it out. Thanks ahahaha
It has been years since I did this, but from what I recall, you need to measure the outside diameter of your intake tube where the filter will be attached to (go over). Also measure the length available for a filter. Those are the 2 numbers you need.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,351 Posts
You may need to measure the width at the bottom of the pleats near the inlet. You could have a filter that's to wide to fit in the heat shield confines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts