Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying some engine parts from a Canadian brother up North of the border (@airhydguy). I can not get a good indication of the Customs charges and how it is all handled if he mails through Canadian Post to USPS to me down in FLA. Has anyone done this before and if so what kind of $$$ will I be expected to pay on say $200 worth of used 'old worn out' auto parts? The other part of it is, if it is shipped by USPS, does USPS contact me for payment, or is there a 3rd party broker involved?

Thanks, I'm trying to get HP up on the 500.

Randy

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I am interested in buying some engine parts from a Canadian brother up North of the border (@airhydguy). I can not get a good indication of the Customs charges and how it is all handled if he mails through Canadian Post to USPS to me down in FLA. Has anyone done this before and if so what kind of $$$ will I be expected to pay on say $200 worth of used 'old worn out' auto parts? The other part of it is, if it is shipped by USPS, does USPS contact me for payment, or is there a 3rd party broker involved?

Thanks, I'm trying to get HP up on the 500.

Randy
this maybe the wrong section to post??

I am a Kanuck,
I Ship from here often using Canada post,
-mark an X in the gift box,
-in the description "Used Auto Parts
-put a low $$ value.

NO-ONE will come knocking for more $$ & NO BROKER needed as Canada Post & USPS have a deal, no worries man, buy Canadian :cool:

Colin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this maybe the wrong section to post??

I am a Kanuck,
I Ship from here often using Canada post,
-mark an X in the gift box,
-in the description "Used Auto Parts
-put a low $$ value.

NO-ONE will come knocking for more $$ & NO BROKER needed as Canada Post & USPS have a deal, no worries man, buy Canadian :cool:

Colin
Thanks for your info, I wasn't certain where to post it so here it went, and seeings how you replied it was the right place eh.
Looks like I will be buying from the cold north.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm also from Canada and what Colin said is exact. Seller should ship by mail and check off the "gift" box on his/her customs paperwork and the package you track will be transferred over to USPS once it clears customs, then direct to you no hassels or extra charges. Shipping large/heavy items becomes quite costly Canada-USA to be aware the seller is not trying to get rich if he/she quotes you more expensive rates than USA-USA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts