Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I would also recommend the 350 for all the reasons given. The upgraded leather seats are far more comfortable than the Recaro's and the Recaro's are a bitch to get in and out of. The multiple electric adjustments with heated and cooled seats are also a nice plus. There are some good prices for 2019's out there right now. The GT is a fine car, but it's not a Shelby and Mustang GTs are everywhere...ho hum! Just keep looking and you'll find one.
GT Power Pack 2 looks pretty interesting, but prices are in Used GT350 range.
To get any GT350 newer than 2017 in my BUDGET will be a catfight to beat out other buyers, I'm afraid.
Maybe by SF 2021, I will have one.....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,731 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,061 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,929 Posts
At least Half the Fun is in the SEARCH (or so @blackcad55 tells me)
I think save for a little while and get a brand new 2019-2020 GT350 ... combination of being original owner (YOU break it in the way YOU want to), full factory warranty, SHELBY nameplate that will "slow down" depreciation a little bit, and from what I've seen on Ebay, there isn't enough price difference between the older (2016-2018) to justify buying used over a new (or almost new 300 miles) 2019-2020 model. I guess I don't trust previous owners of these cars to have not abused the crap out of them, and the older models did have some problems. You are chewing up some good "retirement time" by going back to work, so you might as well get exactly what you want ... that's what you're working for ... and remember, I'm sending you some birthday money this year ..... :)

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I think save for a little while and get a brand new 2019-2020 GT350 ... combination of being original owner (YOU break it in the way YOU want to), full factory warranty, SHELBY nameplate that will "slow down" depreciation a little bit, and from what I've seen on Ebay, there isn't enough price difference between the older (2016-2018) to justify buying used over a new (or almost new 300 miles) 2019-2020 model. I guess I don't trust previous owners of these cars to have not abused the crap out of them, and the older models did have some problems. You are chewing up some good "retirement time" by going back to work, so you might as well get exactly what you want ... that's what you're working for ... and remember, I'm sending you some birthday money this year ..... :)

Per your usual.....SOUND advice....whether I take it or NOT......LOL
It will take a while to see just WHERE this Project is going...time wise.

Watching the clock on depreciation for my 4Runner as well....tick...tock....

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
250 Posts
I would also recommend the 350 for all the reasons given. The upgraded leather seats are far more comfortable than the Recaro's and the Recaro's are a bitch to get in and out of. The multiple electric adjustments with heated and cooled seats are also a nice plus. I find the upgraded seats far more comfortable for longish trips and Sharon likes them...Case closed. The injector noise is not noticeable in my 350, but since the car you drove had the Recaro's its a moot point. I'd shop for an 18 or 19 at this stage. I drove an 18 and liked it. There's not a huge "seat of the pants" difference between the two. There are some good prices for 2019's out there right now. The GT is a fine car, but it's not a Shelby and Mustang GTs are everywhere...ho hum! Just keep looking and you'll find one.
Hey I have a Mustang GT. Lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,731 Posts
I have a Mustang GT also, but I agree with Mike’s assessment. It’s nice to have a halo Mustang that stands out amongst the sea of other Mustangs.

Having said that, your 5.0 is a damn sexy car Mike. I dig what you’ve done with it. (y)

·
Premium Member
7,929 Posts
Well you could start doing Stand up Comedy routines to compliment what you already do here!
I'll be performing live in Jefferson City, MO, April 30 - May 2, 2020 ... hope to see you there. (class reunions only last one night ... :) )

Last year performed with Terry Fator in Las Vegas ....... what a blast !!!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,339 Posts
Mea Culpa, I didn't mean to besmirch Mustang GT owners! I had three of them during the years that the kids were growing up cause that's all I could afford! I'm just partial to the Shelby cars when it comes to all out performance and visibility. I don't know of anyone on the forum who doesn't appreciate having someone give us a thumbs up or compliment when they see the car. I'm sure this happens with the GT's, as well. I just like the history and recognition that the Shelby's get, but that is also true with Mustang GT's given their storied history. I'd better stop digging the hole!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Update and questions for the Forum...
The search continues (mostly on-line for now)
Question 1: Seems that a lot of the GT350 on the market are 2 owner cars with less than 5K miles. Thoughts on 2 owner cars.....Flippers, Problem cars, Bored....possibly Tracked while under Warranty?

Question 2: Is it worth the Tax savings using a Trade-in? (approx 35K trade value)...

There is a LOT of experience on this Forum, I'm interested in your thoughts/ideas.
Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,419 Posts
Could be cars with oil consumption issues I suppose. Check the inside of the exhaust tips. If they look like they were wipes clean, use something to help you wipe a rag further inside the tip.

Here in Idaho, I ran the numbers for the tax benefit of a trade in a couple times. Just wasn't worth it. Run the numbers for Texas.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I definitely prefer 1-owner cars, though with sports cars that typically have low mileage on it, 2-owners is not uncommon (though 2-owners is as high as I'd want to go). Oil consumption would be my first concern on the GT350 but the more recent model years have been a-ok on that. I think @mavisky (Kyle) mentioned that previously -- Ford "resolved" that with the 2018 (???) model year I think.

I think Mike @03reptile is a member on the GT350 forum. Might be worth joining over that and perusing the For Sale ads on there -- look for an upstanding member of that forum/community with a garage queen and solid history.

Taxes -- given the various tax schemes in this country (madness!!!), I'm not sure I'm going to be able to help you on that, Mike. I know in Georgia, probably 10 years ago, they moved to paying full tax on the vehicle up front at the time of sale with no recurring annual "ad valorum" tax (based on the then value of the vehicle). So it is a little clearer to see the tax benefit for a trade in now (as there is a vehicle value guide that is available to reference).

81 - 100 of 121 Posts