Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for ford and just fouund out I can get the 09 gt500 on aplan,it ends up cheaper than I can get one used for,lol..my question is should I get the shaker 1000 radio or the navigation?can I add on a sub to the navi sysytem?what's your guys advice?thanks stan

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have the nav on ours and use it quite a bit on our weekend cruises. The radio, is plenty loud when cranked up as the door speakers start shaking! I'm usually yelling at hubby to turn the damn thing down!!!!!!!!!

The sync was not available on the 09 GT500 till the 2010 model.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kind of bummed on the no sync,im leaning towards the shaker 1000 and maybe upgrading the radio later.me and the wife decided on the color,i think we will go with the black with the white stripes.now i have to hope the dealership can find one...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you like a good sound system than go with the shaker 1000, the 500 definetely needs improvement. What is more important is make sure some money is left for the mods.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Are you sure about the black with white stripes? Get what you want but I think black with silver or black with black looks better. I would wait and get a deal on an 010 shelby, you may pay more but I think the value will hold alot better than an 09 and you are getting more car for the money.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
also does the 2009 gt500 radio options have the sync?
bmf5150,
According to the Ford Accessory site the SYNC Accessory Kit
Part Number: 9R3Z-14D212-A is available for the '09 Mustang (Not for the Nav sys).
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Mustang~2009~9R3Z_14D212_A
I would prob prefer the Nav sys over the Sync, but then my GT500 has the Shaker 500 sound system. After I installed the 5GT stingers I tend to listen to the exhaust more than the radio anyway! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This guy (1badsho) is a GT500 locator. Check w/him for your car.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3380

Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the infp,my dealer found one black with white stripes with the navi system.thats the one i will prob go with.i like the 09 body better than the new 2010 body,its just more retro looking..you guys dont like the black with white stripes color scheme???

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
thanks for the infp,my dealer found one black with white stripes with the navi system.thats the one i will prob go with.i like the 09 body better than the new 2010 body,its just more retro looking..you guys dont like the black with white stripes color scheme???
bmf5150,
I like the '07-'09 years better too, but will prob get used to looking at the '10s eventually. As I've mentioned before, I would have preferred a Red/Blk coupe, but only had the Blk/Red locally so I went with it.

If push comes to shove I would buy any color just because the car is so great. I really haven't seen one that I just couldn't live with, (except those that have been skinned up a little :rofl:)

And, it doesn't matter whether or not we like your color, it's your car and only has to please you!

Good Luck & Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I prefer the 05-09 body over the 2010 body as well, but I think the 2010 GT500 is the better car. It comes stock with the CAI and handling package, as well as a nicer interior and better electronics (sync). If I hadn't gotten a below invoice deal on my 09 I'd have ordered the 2010. I still kind of wish that I had.

FWIW, I just called the local dealership's parts department and asked if I could order the synch setup from the 2010 for my 09. He said they had just been through this with another customer, and at this time it is not possible due to wiring changes, etc...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I have had a change of plan,after talking it over with my wife I think I will wait for later in the year and see if I can get an a plan on the 2010.with all the changes they made to the car it don't make sense to get the 09.I don't hate the 2010 body just prefer the 09,I guess the main issue I had with the 2010 is the look of the rear of the car,wish it was more like the 09....

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you like the look of the 09 then get the 09. I personally don't think the changes on the 2010 are that drastic (except for the rear end) that it warrants waiting. I read an article at my barbers on the 2010 GT 500 (can't remember what car magazine it was. If you guys want me to find out I will call my barber tomorrow). The writer said the 2010 GT 500 handled like it had a bunch of bowling balls strapped to the roof or hood (he wasn't impressed with handling). So I don't know how much the suspension upgrade in the 2010 really helps. You can do the mods yourself on the 09 and make it what you want. The interior shots I have seen don't look that much different to me. And the extra HP (what is it 50 HP) you can get with a few modest upgrades. Now, don't get me wrong I like the 10 (like the 07-09 look better) but if you really like the 09 then get it and do some mods. You will do mods anyway even if you wait and get the 10. Just one mans opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts