Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my car a couple days ago and before I could stop them the idiot at the dealer installed the front license plate bracket so now I have two nice holes drilled through my white stripes. I guess I'll eventually have to remove the stripes, fill in the holes and re-stripe, but in the meantime does anyone know where maybe I can get some sort of plugs that I can paint white?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I just bought my car a couple days ago and before I could stop them the idiot at the dealer installed the front license plate bracket so now I have two nice holes drilled through my white stripes. I guess I'll eventually have to remove the stripes, fill in the holes and re-stripe, but in the meantime does anyone know where maybe I can get some sort of plugs that I can paint white?
When we went to pick up Tana's new 2007 GT/CS the dealer had put on the front plate. :banghead: It has been bugging me so I thought I would try an easy fix before having a paint guy do a major job on it. I am not wanting to have the entire front bumper re-painted.

I bought a couple small plastic body plugs and painted them HP white and pushed them into the holes. These shots are close ups in the garage. This repair cost me $.98

What do you think? Be honest!

While your being honest, also tell me if it looks better than this?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Today Tana came out to look at her new front lower grill.....and said, "wow it sure looks better with out the front plate".

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think it is a killer job for less than a buck. Looks much better than having a plate attached. It looks no worse than the semi-holes in the bumper of the GT500.

Seen to many people around here that got tickets for no front plate. I bought this http://trailerrebuilders.com/services.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Great job Grabber!

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's a nice clean bracket.

How much did it set you back ?
I purchased the aluminum one. It was $55.02, $45 for the bracket and the rest for shipping. Went with aluminum, it is lighter and cheaper. They are heavy brackets (aluminum is 1 lb 8 oz) (stainless is 2 lb 13 oz). When I got it, I cleaned it up and painted it black before installing.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When we went to pick up Tana's new 2007 GT/CS the dealer had put on the front plate. :banghead: It has been bugging me so I thought I would try an easy fix before having a paint guy do a major job on it. I am not wanting to have the entire front bumper re-painted.

I bought a couple small plastic body plugs and painted them HP white and pushed them into the holes. These shots are close ups in the garage. This repair cost me $.98

What do you think? Be honest!

While your being honest, also tell me if it looks better than this?
Those plugs are just what I am looking for. Where did you get them? I checked bumperplugs.com and they want something like $50 a pair shipped. I looked at Home Depot and the guy had no idea what I was talking about when I told him "nylon hole plugs." He then lectured me about the illegality of no front plate.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That would really burn me up!! I remember telling my dealer not to touch mine, but nevertheless, I would have been fuming if they did it without me telling them. :flame: :flame:

Oh well, it's water under the bridge, and those white plugs look really good and like they belong on the car, but I just think that dealers should just leave well enough alone. :(

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Those plugs are just what I am looking for. Where did you get them? I checked bumperplugs.com and they want something like $50 a pair shipped. I looked at Home Depot and the guy had no idea what I was talking about when I told him "nylon hole plugs." He then lectured me about the illegality of no front plate.
I bought them at True Value Hardware store. they have them in the little bins with all the misc. parts.

I then used my touch up paint to give them 3 coats of Performance white. I did have to modify the length of them just a little with my grinder.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. That's just where I found them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought them at True Value Hardware store. they have them in the little bins with all the misc. parts.

I then used my touch up paint to give them 3 coats of Performance white. I did have to modify the length of them just a little with my grinder.
Excellant, thank you Grabber. Looks much improved. In MD it's a $60 fix-it ticket. Got one already, so I put the plate back on. My dealer did the same thing, didn't ask, just drilled holes and put the bracket on, crooked too. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts