Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear bumper on the driver side seems to not be fitting well on the angled portion near the gas cap (see the photo). I tried looking under the car but there is sheet metal blocking the view. I'm assuming the clips are broken. I'm just trying to see if there is a simple fix for this or will I need to remove the bumper to replace clips?

Thanks!

20191117_103831.jpg

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would think that if the bumper will not stay in place, then you're correct, the tabs may be broken. I don't know of any way to fix it other than bumper removal. If you know of someone, or a local shop, that has a plastic welder they should easily be able to fix the broken tabs and make it fit properly. Where I work our maintenance department has a plastic welder. It can fix some pretty badly damaged parts in the right hands. You can also look up on YouTube how a plastic welder is used for just this purpose.

Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in and help you too. Good luck with the fix. I know it sucks when panels don't fit properly.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
The rear bumper on the driver side seems to not be fitting well on the angled portion near the gas cap (see the photo). I tried looking under the car but there is sheet metal blocking the view. I'm assuming the clips are broken. I'm just trying to see if there is a simple fix for this or will I need to remove the bumper to replace clips?

Thanks!

View attachment 194592
Welcome to the forum!

Here is a thread I did awhile back that might be helpful:

Also, you’ll find our new member area here if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your car:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!

I will try to get a good photo and post an introduction. The car technically belongs to my mother but I'm the mustang guy in the family.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts