Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We built 3 Bullitts.All 3 were red,of course(the fastest).They will be destroyed after we beat the piss out of them.I didn't get to spend much time with them but it has a Ford Racing CAI on it,throaty exhaust and a passenger side dash that has swirl marks in it(looks pretty cool).

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
We built 3 Bullitts.All 3 were red,of course(the fastest).They will be destroyed after we beat the piss out of them.I didn't get to spend much time with them but it has a Ford Racing CAI on it,throaty exhaust and a passenger side dash that has swirl marks in it(looks pretty cool).
07 are the numbers for these units still at 10,000 and do you get a chance to enjoy these bad boys before they are sent to the crusher?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 are the numbers for these units still at 10,000 and do you get a chance to enjoy these bad boys before they are sent to the crusher?:rolleyes:

I am not sure what the numbers are at this point.Yeh,I'll enjoy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For me and others less informed... are these 4.6L motors with CAI & bullitt exhaust anything else different drivetrain wise? +25 horsepower or what do you think? thks

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me and others less informed... are these 4.6L motors with CAI & bullitt exhaust anything else different drivetrain wise? +25 horsepower or what do you think? thks

Yes 4.6L,3.73 gear and pinion set.I'd say that's pretty accurate,25 HP.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I thought Bullits were supposed to be green. What's up with making red ones? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought Bullits were supposed to be green. What's up with making red ones? :confused:

PPG doesn't have the Green paint in the plant yet.It is not uncommon to paint cars a different color than whats in the production run plus they will be destroyed.They have to do a lot of tests, fit and finish and put miles on these cars for durability.We still have a Shelby that was painted green that never went into production.We painted Shelbys in every Ford color that we have.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard they were going to be around 400hp NA....but I wonder where Ford would get the parts from.

Anything can happen but I don't think you will see it close to 340HP.It is going to be real close to the Shelby GT.It is more nostalgic than anything else.People wonder why bother,well more people can afford one of these than a Shelby GT 500,Boss or the Mach 1.It's all about reaching your customers wants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts