Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that the GT500 does not produce full boost for the first 100 miles? I thought I heard this before, but I could not remember.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Is it true that the GT500 does not produce full boost for the first 100 miles? I thought I heard this before, but I could not remember.

No it's not true.I think it's 5 continuous miles or 50 starts:bandit:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
the GT500 is not broken in because boost is working. It takes close to 3500 miles for this engine to be truley broken in. Most dealers fill engine with mineral oil for the break in period, that's why you should not change your oil till after 3500 miles. Then I plan to put synthetic oil in.
Thought this engine was hot tested?

drive it like ya stole it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Most dealers fill engine with mineral oil for the break in period, that's why you should not change your oil till after 3500 miles. Then I plan to put synthetic oil in.
HUH???????????????????????????

No dealer puts mineral oil into these cars when new.

They come with 5w50 synthetic oil from the factory.

The engine is "broken in" when you get it.

Who told you this BS??

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Then engine is "broken in" when you get it.

Who told you this BS??
Must have been a mineral oil salesman . LOL:info-smilie:

·
Premium Member
407 Posts

The engine is "broken in" when you get it.

Who told you this BS??
I should'nt believe what I read in magazines(Modified Mustang). Tech Editor page 24, May issue(Joe's Garage) states "If you have a new Mustang, chances are it will come from the factory with MINERAL OIL." I thought this sounded wierd cause my past vettes did not come with that sh_t in it. My bad.:mecry: I am still new to the Mustang scene so I am gullible or just plain stupid. Live and learn. I'll research next time I try to sound like I know something.:blockhead:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Regular Mustangs maybe.... but our GT500's come filled with the 100% synth stuff. :rocker:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts