Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Carbonized Gray base w/ technology & Recaro package)
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find or who makes a brake fluid cover for our cars. Looking for basic black plastic cover for just the brake fluid NOT the full master cylinder area like JLT. I know Shelby has a metal one that’s out of stock but hoped think I have enough screaming Shelby under the hood and throughout the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
Anyone know where I can find or who makes a brake fluid cover for our cars. Looking for basic black plastic cover for just the brake fluid NOT the full master cylinder area like JLT. I know Shelby has a metal one that’s out of stock but hoped think I have enough screaming Shelby under the hood and throughout the car.
Did you ever find this? I know CJ Pony parts usually has a black plastic one. They also have the Carbon Fiber version.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did NOT. Thanks very much for the link and I really wanted that one to work but there’s a hose line next to the reservoir that doesn’t let that cover go down. I think that may be why the Shelby one is open on the back side. If anyone has found a way to make the California Pony one work, I’ll order it again because it was just what I was looking for. Already have the Shelby caps and don’t need anything else screaming Shelby. 😆
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I did NOT. Thanks very much for the link and I really wanted that one to work but there’s a hose line next to the reservoir that doesn’t let that cover go down. I think that may be why the Shelby one is open on the back side. If anyone has found a way to make the California Pony one work, I’ll order it again because it was just what I was looking for. Already have the Shelby caps and don’t need anything else screaming Shelby. 😆
View attachment 237305
I’ve seen a couple plastic ones that were trimmed in the back to fit. Probably a quick job with a dremel. The TRUEFIBER one comes trimmed like the Shelby but it’s CF and $200. If you bought the 3 piece kit from CJ all carbon it saves you some $.

Reactions: Scottie24

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve seen a couple plastic ones that were trimmed in the back to fit. Probably a quick job with a dremel. The TRUEFIBER one comes trimmed like the Shelby but it’s CF and $200. If you bought the 3 piece kit from CJ all carbon it saves you some $.
Thanks. I will probably try to trim the plastic one.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Thanks. I will probably try to trim the plastic one.
Let me know how it works out. I want black under my hood. I’ve been waiting for Shelby to get their black ones back in stock for months. This might be an option for me. I was considering the aluminum one and just painting it black.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know how it works out. I want black under my hood. I’ve been waiting for Shelby to get their black ones back in stock for months. This might be an option for me. I was considering the aluminum one and just painting it black.
I want black too. Not a bad idea to paint the aluminum one. It’s cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Grey “In Production”
422 Posts
Just great…thanks a lot Chris…now I have to buy more carbon fiber parts 🤑…you guys are really hard on my savings account!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Just great…thanks a lot Chris…now I have to buy more carbon fiber parts 🤑…you guys are really hard on my savings account!
I wish I had seen the 3 piece CF kit before I checked out on the radiator overflow cover. I would have bought all 3 in the set. It’s made by TRUEFIBER which is top of the line stuff. CJ’s even had a sale going. I seriously kicked myself for not doing all 3 in CF.
Now I’m thinking about the aluminum pieces and the plastidip like @Scottie24 mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Just checked Amazon is probably the only place I can get the Plastidip spray. The manufacturers website says it’s not for sale in AZ. No idea why, shit it’s probably the only thing not legal here 😂 I’m going to order it and 🤞🏼 Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I wish I had seen the 3 piece CF kit before I checked out on the radiator overflow cover. I would have bought all 3 in the set. It’s made by TRUEFIBER which is top of the line stuff. CJ’s even had a sale going. I seriously kicked myself for not doing all 3 in CF.
Now I’m thinking about the aluminum pieces and the plastidip like @Scottie24 mentioned.
Yep already looked on their site. No longer on sale, but figure they will have July 4th weekend sale so it’s on my wish list now. I’ve seen some plastidipped parts at car shows (I assume same as hydro dipping as I call it). Looks awesome for sure!!!

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Yep already looked on their site. No longer on sale, but figure they will have July 4th weekend sale so it’s on my wish list now. I’ve seen some plastidipped parts at car shows (I assume same as hydro dipping as I call it). Looks awesome for sure!!!
They sell spray on cans now! 😱 I ordered a 6 pack 😂 I’ll be busy next weekend

Reactions: Hyperformance

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just checked Amazon is probably the only place I can get the Plastidip spray. The manufacturers website says it’s not for sale in AZ. No idea why, shit it’s probably the only thing not legal here 😂 I’m going to order it and 🤞🏼 Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.
I just ordered the plastidip from Amazon and the aluminum cover from the Shelby store as well!! 😂

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I’m now having issues finding the dang fuse box cover. Shelby is out of both.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Ok, so looked it up on Amazon. Not the same as I called Hydro Dipping. Here’s a pic of one at a show that has lots of what I was thinking you were talking about.
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
What else do you plan to spray it on?
At this point nothing else on my GT500. I’ve got a couple thoughts on the Shelby F150. There’s some parts that could use a good rubber coating. Same with my 66 Mustang Sprint 200 lot’s of stuff that needs coated.

Reactions: Scottie24
1 - 20 of 47 Posts