Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
89 Posts
Have you tried the new stuff they have in stores these days? I think its called Extreme Shield + Ceramic Wheel Cleaner. I doubt it's the same but I was hoping it would at least be similar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the price for this stuff has almost doubled in the past week?! I need to find somewhere local that sells it...

Reactions: InPursuit

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought 3 cans for $45. It used to be $12.99
Amazon wants over $28 now! I thought I saw it on eBay for lower but I have my doubts about them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
FYI this stuff finally went back down to under $15 on amazon. So if you want to give it a try, now is a good time!

Reactions: GT500FREAK

·
Registered
89 Posts
Day 9 still looking good View attachment 236546
I think I may have sprayed too much on because all of my wheels looked terrible when I tried this stuff. I had to go back after a couple of hours to get rid of all of the staining. This was after a wash and rinse using deionized water. I might have to lightly spray it next time and check the results.

Reactions: QSK50

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't know what happened to your wheels, I used 3/4 of a can on mine, sure you shook it up good?
Yeah, I shook it for a while but maybe I should have done it for another minute or two. I'm also thinking I shouldn't have used that brake buster stuff before, because it probably left residue and didn't like when it mixed. I'm at the point to where it looks decent after wiping away most of the milky parts. I'll see how it does and spray lightly next time after using no detergent.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I purchased a can to test it and it arrived today. I am hoping to have better results. So less is better?

Maybe I’ll wait for Tim’s @Goose17 video ;)
I would recommend trying one wheel. After my initial spray, everything looked good. When I went to check on the wheels 30 min later, I started to see weird streaks (like oil separation from water). A couple of hours later, those streaks became milky streaks, so something wasn't right. They could be wiped off but it takes a little effort. I have not checked it in the sun to see how it looks now.

This isn't my review but it explains what happened to me. The picture is close to how mine looked, pretty bad.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Terrestrial plant Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Reactions: QSK50 and Goose17

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same issue as a result of over-spraying. The BMW wheel picture is an example of spraying too much of the product on the wheels. You need to get a "feel" for how much to spray onto the wheel surface. It's not rocket science and it works beautifully on my black GT350 wheels. Just spray the whole wheel in a quick circular pattern, holding the can about a foot away. In doing so, you won't get any streaks or gray colored spots. The product really does keep the brake dust at a minimum.
This is more descriptive and is definitely not what I did. I sprayed it as if it were a single coat of primer, not thick, but it was a full layer of the stuff. Sounds like a "mist" is more of what it should be and not a "coating". Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just tried this on my car. Horrible! Followed Instructions exactly as stated and ended up with white streaky coating all over the wheels after everything dried. I then had to take a microfiber towel and wipe down the wheels which is undoing the purpose of having this in the first place. Went for a 10 mile drive and it looked like my wheels were completely coated with brake dust again. it is like a magnet for dust- I do not recommend it and I have returned my purchase. What a letdown.
Can you tell us how you applied it? I had a similar experience and wonder if you applied it in a similar way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts