Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brake cooling ducts did you guys purchase? JLT seems to be the best price.. I've been waiting for Shelby to release their version of the hose and backing plate but its still in "production."

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
JLT has great products and usually well thought out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been waiting for the SPP "in production" kit as well, but would like to do this mod sooner than later. I will probably go with the JLT kit but I prefer the look of the SPP bezels over the JLT bezels and I think the SPP bezels are available now.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The Bezels are available, I've got mine in the garage. You can install them and go in with the hoses later.:zlurking:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you can install your bezels anytime.. I used the SPP bezels.. the bezel has nothing to do with the actual hose attachment.. the grill comes from the factory for a place to attach the hose.. the guys at SPP said their kit would be out this summer..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is an email from a sales rep at Shelby Performance Parts regarding the brake cooling duct kit:

Parts are actually still in testing with Shelby Autos. All prototypes
that they have tested have melted, which really wouldn't be good to
sell. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when they will be in
stock, as we are toying with the option of finding a new manufacturer
for them.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
$139 for the JLT kit,
how much for the SPP kit?

It's simply duct work and a backing plate, it shouldn't cost too much.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Just got in the complete JLT brake cooling package along with some other goodies.I would really like to thank Jay for his ingenuity on all his products,I had originally made the mistake of ordering the slby bezels-They didnt come with directions and neither did their tech support.I know I could have installed them but it was basically putting an oblong object in a round hole-requiring bumper removal,Lower grill removal,Installing a mounting catch between the two,Reassemble and hope it all works out.While I have the tools and ability-It seemed like digging a hole through the earth to get to China.The JLT Bezels were installed in 5 minutes-Minor trimming and a deadblow hammer.I will install the rest of the kit next week when I do brake mods.All the products I have gotten from JLT rate a 10,Customer service a 10,And Ingenuity a 10.Ordering from JLT is an easy decision.
Sincerely, Alloy Snake

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been torn for months on which bezels to get. Prefer the look of the SPP's, prefer the ease of install and price of the JLT's. Decided on the SPP bezels and the JLT duct/backing plate.
I have a project weekend coming up that will involve installing the Revan/C&R heat exchanger and swapping out the stock pulley for a 2.6 so I thought it was prime time to do the bezels with the bumper cover off.
So if anyone that has installed the SPP bezels and has any helpfull hints, I am all ears!! You know, oval peg, round hole, seems like fun, NOT! Keep the beers flowing!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Actually the hole for the SPP bezels IS round. Its just drilled from the rear at an angle. The resultant hole LOOKS oblong when viewed direct on. The oblong profile to fit the bezel is marked on the rear of the grill when you remove it. The reason is that the bezels are at an angle due to the curvature of the front grill. The air flow is form dead on. Use a hole saw from the rear but its at an oblique angle when you drill. Then just clean up the rough edges and pop the SPP Bezel in. Other than removing the bumper they really are not THAT hard to install correctly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the confidence booster jcthorne, I am looking foward to doing this now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts