1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
888 Posts
I prefer the Borlas between the two here, but I have Magnaflows on mine and they are more like the sound of the Borlas.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I agree..the borla's have a great sound...didn't have much of a choice when I got my car...I would have waited but I also have a disease that does not allow me to wait.. I have to buy now :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does anyone know what kind of mufflers are on the GT500 as original equipment. I'd be curious to know the type and # to do alittle research on them before I decide if I want to change or not. I really think the stock exhaust sound pretty nice. Maybe thats just old age talking but I'd rather put my money into things that will increase the power more dramatically. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree..the borla's have a great sound...didn't have much of a choice when I got my car...I would have waited but I also have a disease that does not allow me to wait.. I have to buy now :)
Didn't you put FRPP's on? If so, you actually did put the Borla's on, as FRPP's are made by Borla (just a different name stamped on the tip and a different part number). :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Does anyone know what kind of mufflers are on the GT500 as original equipment. I'd be curious to know the type and # to do alittle research on them before I decide if I want to change or not. I really think the stock exhaust sound pretty nice. Maybe thats just old age talking but I'd rather put my money into things that will increase the power more dramatically. Thanks for any info.
I was waiting for 07 SHELBY to answer this one for you, but he told me some time back that they are the muffler from the 6-cylinder Mustang. I am going from memory and I am old! He will give us the straight skinny as soon as he sees these posts!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I was waiting for 07 SHELBY to answer this one for you, but he told me some time back that they are the muffler from the 6-cylinder Mustang. I am going from memory and I am old! He will give us the straight skinny as soon as he sees these posts!

Hey bud,what's going on?I saw the post.He's right they are V6 automatic mufflers.He's not old just Oldimp.He's got a mind like a steel trap!....................07.............................

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, right!

·
Registered
888 Posts
A rusty, bent up, old steel trap!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I was definitely referring to myself seeing as how I am 57.
I'm seven months away from 57 myself! This car helps bring out the youth in you, doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey bud,what's going on?I saw the post.He's right they are V6 automatic mufflers.He's not old just Oldimp.He's got a mind like a steel trap!....................07.............................

I went down to the production line this morning.The mufflers on the Shelby are from the 4.6L V8 automatic not the V6 automatic.The 4.6L V8 automatic and the 4.6L V8 manual mufflers are also different from one another.Sorry for any confusion.....................07......................................

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went down to the production line this morning.The mufflers on the Shelby are from the 4.6L V8 automatic not the V6 automatic.The 4.6L V8 automatic and the 4.6L V8 manual mufflers are also different from one another.Sorry for any confusion.....................07......................................
Thanks 07. Are these mufflers different then the 4.6L V8 "manual"?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes they are different.
Thanks. That confirms what I heard, that the manual GT mufflers were too loud for the GT500 so they had to go with the "auto" ones.

·
Registered
171 Posts
oldimp;
I ccan definitely say that it brings out the youth in me. I really love driving the car. After tomorrow, I will have over 1000 miles on it in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully I can given it a rest, but once I input the tune, I may have to try it out again for a while.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put in the 93 octane tune from Justin @ VMP Tuning. I plan on getting his CAI when he gets it finished because he will update my tune for free and his CAI only costs between $200-$250. At least that is what he has been estimating. The only other mod may be putting in 3.55's or 3.73's. I pretty happy with the exhaust right now but I have a friend who does some custom exhausts and I plan on talking to him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts