Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out for a little giddyup ride with my mechanic and I was at full throttle through 2nd, 3rd, and fourth. The boost gauge would only go to 5 psi. I know its supposed to put out 9 (or 8.5).

There are 4100 miles on the car.

What's the problem here?

·
Registered
224 Posts
push the pedal to the metal!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did I miss something here?

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Did I miss something here?

We are trying to answer your question.What fee means is drive it like you stole it.Are you really at full throttle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Wide ass open in local terms. on the floor. can't push the gas any further.

now if this is really really a dumb question please let me know why. I gotta learn! :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes. Wide ass open in local terms. on the floor. can't push the gas any further.

now if this is really really a dumb question please let me know why. I gotta learn! :)
Have you recently disconnected the battery? Somewhere on here someone said that would drop the computer back to the default setting where you have to drive it about 5 miles in one trip to turn on the SC. Has it ever shown 8 or so PSI?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to be honest, I have never looked until today. we were on the interstate and I was able to do some very sustained pulls up through several gears and finally looked at it while on the gas. it surprised me that it wouldn't go over 5 so my mech looked also. we made several WOT pulls just to look at the gauge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should have said I've never REALLY looked. I glanced before but how much time do u really have to watch anything but the road ahead when your all over it?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I should have said I've never REALLY looked. I glanced before but how much time do u really have to watch anything but the road ahead when your all over it?
Very true!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
5 lbs seems really low to me. I'm at 6,000 ft altitude and I get 6-7 lbs.

How long have you had you Shelby? I know some of the early builds had issues with air filters restricting flow. Might be something to check.
:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
5 lbs seems really low to me. I'm at 6,000 ft altitude and I get 6-7 lbs.

How long have you had you Shelby? I know some of the early builds had issues with air filters restricting flow. Might be something to check.
:confused:

No,he needs an EVO stage 4 kit,that'll get the boost up.:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Agreed.
Sorry about the first comment, was just joking =)
I've seen 8 on mine MAX. =(
soon that won't matter none because i'll be off the guage ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Prez, I've had it a couple months.

I put a CAI on it 2 days ago but have not done any tune to go along with it. The lack of a tune wouldn't affect the boost pressure though...:confused:

Dammit, I know what will fix it. I am such an idiot. MONEY! I'm going to throw money at it. Thats it. Hmmm:D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Prez, I've had it a couple months.

I put a CAI on it 2 days ago but have not done any tune to go along with it. The lack of a tune wouldn't affect the boost pressure though...:confused:

Dammit, I know what will fix it. I am such an idiot. MONEY! I'm going to throw money at it. Thats it. Hmmm:D
Installnig a CAI without a tune is not a good idea. With the increased airflow of a CAI, you could be running dangerously lean. You can burn up your engine very quickly running that lean. :eek:

I don't know if this will affect boost pressure, but I would seriously look into a tune ASAP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll pull it off until I can get to the Dyno...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts