Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone flames me, I have been searching the forum for torque specs.
I am swapping out my clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, & headers this weekend. I am looking for torque specs on the following parts:

Flywheel bolts (bought ford replacement bolts)
Bellhousing to block
Transmission to bellhousing
Driveshaft bolts (flange and CV)
Crossmember
Transmission Mount

Also, are any of the above bolts one use only or torque to yield??(i thought flyweel was, so I bought new ford bolts anyways...)

Any help or reference sites would be appreciated.

Caleb

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am swapping out my clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, & headers this weekend. I am looking for torque specs on the following parts:

Bellhousing to block
Crossmember
Transmission Mount

Also, are any of the above bolts one use only or torque to yield??(i thought flyweel was, so I bought new ford bolts anyways...)

Caleb
Hey Caleb, rummage thru here, i'm sure they are in there. It's the link to the Mustang and GT500 Shop Manual. GREAT info in here!!

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=41

Dave

edit: specifically, here: http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=294&viewfile=SPECIFICATIONS.pdf

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

Bellhousing to block
Crossmember
Transmission Mount

Caleb
Just a note on the flywheel bolts. The upgraded flywheel require longer bolts than the original flywheel. Be sure you have the correct bolts for which ever flywheel you are installing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts