Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...okay...it's not that bad...I scraped up the front chin spoiler on my 2009 GT500....and I NEED to replace it...anyone here know who I should contact..I googled and found Clevenger Ford...also...anyone know if this is going to cost me HUNDREDS of dollars...lol

AND last...but not least....my brother says not to trust the dealer to install it...that it is an easy install...I looked and it looks like a few screws and probably a couple of body clips...would it be less of a headache just to have the dealer installl it?...is my brother being too anal???..haha

I know I'm being OCD....like the white overspray guy...lol...but the car has 200 miles!!!!...and she's my baby....lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Depending on how bad the damage is, you may want to leave it for awhile. Get to know the car a little bit, ie ground clearance, before you replace it. It would suck to get a new one, put it on, and then 100 miles later scrape it on something else!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would be the first to try and do it myself and if all else fails then get the dealership to install but at lease you would have taken the spoiler off cutting down on the labour cost, just my .02

·
Registered
994 Posts
Depending on how bad the damage is, you may want to leave it for awhile. Get to know the car a little bit, ie ground clearance, before you replace it. It would suck to get a new one, put it on, and then 100 miles later scrape it on something else!!!
+1, the DAY i got ours, i took her to get her windows tinted and the ass hat that parked it drove the chin up on a curb!! thankfully, it was a minor scrape, but i was fifteen kinds of furious!!! (did get the window tint for free tho....) and when i got her home and looked a little closer, it was a small scape on the bottom, so i left it be, and you cant see it now.

On the other side of this, to put in an AFCO heat exchanger, or any others, the splitter has to come off anyway, along with the rest of the front end, LOL. You are right Melissa, its only a few screws, VERY easy to do. I still have the AFCO directions and can send them to you if you'd like. Save the money that you'd spend to have it installed. you CAN do it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
++1
Other than that aggravating clutch, the low front end is the hardest for me to remember and deal with. Like SSailor, I have scuffed mine several times but it is on the bottom. I've considered taking that piece off, but I figured then I would scuff up the painted piece at a much higher price! :(

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...yeah...I'm going to buy the piece and put it aside..I drive my 03 GT everyday...so I "forgot"....lol...but the piece I believe is called a shelby valance and it's only about 80$....and anyways...yeah...I'll do it myself...with my brother, of course...lol

BTW...I DO work as an electrician...haha....so changing this piece shouldn't freak me out...I use POWER tools for a living...haha....just a bit OCD about my new car

But I LOVE her...haha

Thanks again
Melissa

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well it it makes you feel any better, I just scratched the front valance today also. I immediately stopped the car and looked for any damage. The only thing I noticed was on the underneath of the valance. Just a few scrapes that you could only see by laying down and peeking underneath there. I'll have to be more careful next time! I bet a few of us are going to replace one eventually. Fortunately its plastic and theres no paint involved.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Okay...okay...it's not that bad...I scraped up the front chin spoiler on my 2009 GT500....and I NEED to replace it...anyone here know who I should contact..I googled and found Clevenger Ford...also...anyone know if this is going to cost me HUNDREDS of dollars...lol

AND last...but not least....my brother says not to trust the dealer to install it...that it is an easy install...I looked and it looks like a few screws and probably a couple of body clips...would it be less of a headache just to have the dealer installl it?...is my brother being too anal???..haha

I know I'm being OCD....like the white overspray guy...lol...but the car has 200 miles!!!!...and she's my baby....lol
I bought some stuff from Clevenger and they were great. Great prices, service and quick ship. The parts manager there is the "official" supplier for Brad Barnett's site, The Mustang Source. His name is Kevin Casey. Tell him BJ from Chicago said hi.

(By the way, I bought the '08-'09 lighter dampener, a spare blower belt and a non-candy-ass dual note horn for the wife's '09 Escape Hybrid.)

bj

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool...thanks guys!...I'm ordering the piece...it's about 70$. ...and am definitely going to wait to replace it...lol... On another note....went to a Mustang car meet today at Bear Mountain....saw some really nice cars....but my baby was the highlight...at least to me!!!....lol...(I love that freakin' car...haha)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts