Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to install this tomorrow morning after taking my wife and daughter to the airport, but wanted to ask a question before I started on it.

I was surprised to see that each hose has nothing on either end that goes away from the oil separator. Obviously then, I need to somehow remove the connectors that are on the stock lines and put them on the new hose line ends.

Any suggestions for the 'best' way to do this without damaging them? I realize its probably dumb easy, but I'd just like to double check before assuming its a no brainier and actually screwing one of them up.

Advice/suggestions always appreciated.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,762 Posts
My advice: JLT... click/click/snap/snap DONE!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cut the stock line off the fitting with a razor blade. Cut line to length, Put the heat shrink on the line, Install the line and shrink the heat shrink,. Done

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I was hoping to install this tomorrow morning after taking my wife and daughter to the airport, but wanted to ask a question before I started on it.

I was surprised to see that each hose has nothing on either end that goes away from the oil separator. Obviously then, I need to somehow remove the connectors that are on the stock lines and put them on the new hose line ends.

Any suggestions for the 'best' way to do this without damaging them? I realize its probably dumb easy, but I'd just like to double check before assuming its a no brainier and actually screwing one of them up.

Advice/suggestions always appreciated.

This may help you... Bob's Oil Separator Install (Passenger's Side w/Pics)

STVP have a lot of achieved Tech so use the search button there too.

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have a problem with this dang oil separator and was hoping someone could give me an idea how to fix it.

So I'm about to install the oil separator and I start playing with it for a sec by trying to open/close the valve at the bottom of the oil separator....and its completely seized. I mean it flipping isn't moving AT ALL, and its locked in the open position...so if I install this as it is, all that is going to happen is oil will leak down the side of the engine and shock tower and make a huge mess.

So this morning I sprayed some WD40 lightly in and around where the ball valve is hoping to break it loose. But at this point, its still not moving in the slightest so I'm looking for suggestions. I've already called twice to Revan Racing (where I ordered it), but have not received any sort of reply thus far.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Call these guys, they made it.

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call these guys, they made it.

Thanks for that link.

After clicking on that, I got on their chat and found out that Revan Racing had already contacted them and a replacement valve is already on its way. They did suggest getting out a wrench and cranking on it (I thought about doing that prior to contacting them, but I didn't want to possibly damage something if I needed to return it so I waited for them to suggest it). After spraying it with WD40 and letting it soak for a few hours, I grabbed a wrench and finally broke the ball valve loose, so it now will open and close as its suppose to. I will hop back online with them here shortly and ask them if they'd prefer me to return ship the replacement valve they are sending since I got this one working.

I appreciate the help. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts