Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the lightweight BMR rad. support fit the GT 500. Want to delete my front sway bar and drop the weight off the nose.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Why would you delete the front sway bar?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the reason all the extra weight. This car is more of an unrefined straight line performer so weight off the nose is the general way to go faster in a straight line. I don't and never would attempt to turn this car fast or try to do some autocross.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
That is the reason all the extra weight. This car is more of an unrefined straight line performer so weight off the nose is the general way to go faster in a straight line. I don't and never would attempt to turn this car fast or try to do some autocross.
Okay, just didn't know you were building for 1/4 mile.

Different wheels and tires would make a big difference up front also.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
...I don't and never would attempt to turn this car fast or try to do some autocross.
Autocross is a blast in these cars. Don't give up so easily. A few simple mods really tighten up the suspension nicely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still working on a cost effective solution for skinnies. So far not looking real good though. I have a set of S/R radials 26/6-18 and was gonna cut down some chrome gt 500 replicas but the guy said he can only get them to 6.5" cuz' of the taper. Also ccw said they could build me a set for $3k but don't want to have $4500 in a set of just drag wheels. Still searching as I refuse to ditch the Brembos for skinnies. As far as the autocross thing goes not knockin' it just never done it before. I love the 1320' or 1000' whatever they call it now (BSIMHO) but that is another subject.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts