Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been a little unsure as to the Super Snake look on my blue GT500 since they established that all SS cars would get the flat black triple stripe and I ordered mine without stripes for a reason. I finally found a pic of the blue SS and i think that after seeing it I finally decided to go with it. I know it's expensive and it will be a while before the whole process goes through but I think it will be more than worth it. I want to know what you guys think of the way the blue SS looks

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. The stripes don't show up quite as much as they would on a lighter color, so that should appeal to you somewhat.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. The stripes don't show up quite as much as they would on a lighter color, so that should appeal to you somewhat.

IMO that black stripes kinda are hidden and not seen in the dark blue paint but just my first thoughts when I looked at the photo...Whatever you are happiest with is the key. :bandit:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I had been a little unsure as to the Super Snake look on my blue GT500 since they established that all SS cars would get the flat black triple stripe and I ordered mine without stripes for a reason. I finally found a pic of the blue SS and i think that after seeing it I finally decided to go with it. I know it's expensive and it will be a while before the whole process goes through but I think it will be more than worth it. I want to know what you guys think of the way the blue SS looks
Not a big fan of the flat black on blue.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think it looks sweet.I don't think I can give you my honest and complete answer till after I drive it.When will it be done?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the white stripes really set off the blue, but after seeing the flat black on the SS I think it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I chose not to go with the SS package because of their decision to use the flat black stripes on all cars regardless of paint color.
It totally changes the look of the car ......, just not for me I guess.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I chose not to go with the SS because I didn't want to pay $28K for *maybe* $20K worth of stuff.

For some the Shelby name is worth it. For me it isn't. No offense meant.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I chose not to go with the SS because I didn't want to pay $28K for *maybe* $20K worth of stuff.

For some the Shelby name is worth it. For me it isn't. No offense meant.
I'm with you, Orf. The Shelby name means something to me, but not that much.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
:bigthumb:
I like it Kronus. But then again, I haven't seen many Shelbys I don't like.:bigthumb:

Cal:bandit:

·
Registered
89 Posts

They look better in person than in the pictures.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Budman340/shelby/jl1.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Budman340/shelby/jl2.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Budman340/shelby/jl3.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/Budman340/shelby/jl6.jpg

·
Registered
235 Posts
I chose not to go with the SS package because of their decision to use the flat black stripes on all cars regardless of paint color.
It totally changes the look of the car ......, just not for me I guess.
I feel the same way. Not that I have an extra $28K laying around, but even if I did, I wouldn't want my red stripes replaced with flat black.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I feel the same way. Not that I have an extra $28K laying around, but even if I did, I wouldn't want my red stripes replaced with flat black.
me either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts