Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 3 blue belts I'd like to get rid of. Two are used and one is the accessory belt, the other is an 85.4" supercharger belt They are dirty from the ~500 miles I have on them, but they clean up pretty easy from the small section I used some Goof Off on a paper towel. The accessory belt is made for an 07-10 because the belt is made for the power steering unit. The later models with EPAS used a smaller pulley at that location, so the belt is shorter. You can run it on a later model with a larger idler pulley. That's what I did. I'll take $50 for each, shipped. These will arrive dirty. The price reduction is for your labor to clean it. If you need the big idler, I'll sell it for $25. The reason I removed them was the larger pulley made for a tighter fit on my by-pass hose from my intercooler system mods. I just went back with black belts when I had to diagnose a bad idler bearing. This supercharger belt is for larger superchargers and/or lower pulleys. It's one size up from stock. I needed the larger belt it for an oversized lower pulley

When I say they're dirty, I fired the engine up after it had been sitting a few years and there are some new billet, powdered pulleys in the supercharger belt drive. Here's a cropped pic on the car that's not really well focused because I was photographing the CAI. They clean up like new. If you're brave enough, you can search for Tim's video on belt cleaning without removal. :eek:

The third belt is an 84" supercharger belt and it's never been used. This is the stock belt size. After my build, this belt was too short with my larger lower pulley. I'll take $100 shipped for it.

Prices are not negotiable, unless you want to buy more than one item and only for sale in the lower 48. I won't respond to PMs with offers, so know that up front. All belts are made my Gates. If you need to know if it fits your car, feel free to PM me what supercharger and pulleys you're running and whether any idlers are different from stock. I'm selling these because I know they don't make these anymore and it would be a shame to toss them in a dumpster. If it stops raining, I'll take some pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would be interested in the 84" supercharger belt that has never been used. Belt would be for my 2013 gt500, 2.3L stock supercharger with stock 2.6 pulley. If you don't mind could you send a pic of it? Either by PM or in this forum.

Thanks

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,717 Posts
These are awesome belts! I’ve cleaned mine and friend’s many times. One guy at a car show said he had blue belts... his looked black. I cleaned it right there for him and he was shocked to see it look brand new and blue again. He had never cleaned it.

Reactions: SuziQ

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,816 Posts
I’ll take the stock length blue belt for $100 Alex.

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new-old-stock blue belt in stock length is sold. Thanks, Ted!

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,087 Posts
BLUE BELTS...
All the Cool Kids have them...
Here's YOUR chance !

...better jump on these, they won't last long, pretty rare!

GLWS John....

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Gen3 VMP
287 Posts
If it hasn’t sold, I’ll take the 85.4” belt.

@Catmonkey, it should fit a VMP Gen3 with 2.8” pulley, right?

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still got it. It’s going to be too long. I was running it with a 10% lower pulley.

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would fit on a car with an overdrive crank pulley, or a blgger blower with an upper pulley of 3.5" or larger. I'm sure the Gen 3 probably has a little bigger rotor than stock, but I think the difference in belt length would be negligible. Your smaller 2.8" would easily make up that difference.

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Gen3 VMP
287 Posts
I’ll take it anyways. I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All out of blue belts. Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,816 Posts
My new blue belt arrived today. Thanks John!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts