Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a Blue Shelby with White strips. Problem is I really like Black with Tungsten as well. Blue seems to be more of a classic color. Black is a little meaner. I'd like to hear the anyone's opinion. Shelby 07, you've seen both in person, which looked better?:confused:
CW

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Blue is my favorite color except with Mustangs,Gotta have red.My 2nd choice would be BLACK with no stripes or decals.It would be a real sleeper on the street.3rd would be white with BLUE stripes,traditional!

·
Registered
257 Posts
At one point in my life, I nearly bought a 68' GT350 that was black w/white stripes...I still like that combo very much although I ordered my GT500 in Perf. White w/Vista Blue stripes (old skool)....Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing an 07 GT500 in black w/white stripes...black w/tungsten seems a little new skool to me.

On a different note...I hope the quality of the tape stripes meets everybody's expectations. I bought a 1985 Mustang GT new and if your old enough to recall, the hood had a large matte finish tape placard that did not hold up very well due to the heat of the engine. Hopefully the technology has improved...Is this something you can comment on 07 SHELBY?

·
Registered
67 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Blue is my favorite color except with Mustangs,Gotta have red.My 2nd choice would be BLACK with no stripes or decals.It would be a real sleeper on the street.3rd would be white with BLUE stripes,traditional!
What's up '07, enjoyed our previous conversation. Not many real pics of the blue w/white stripe combo out to see. The black w/tunsten stripe has worked for me so far but like you, I will be keeping a red w/white GT500 for myself.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
shoyoright said:
What's up '07, enjoyed our previous conversation. Not many real pics of the blue w/white stripe combo out to see. The black w/tunsten stripe has worked for me so far but like you, I will be keeping a red w/white GT500 for myself.

Here you have it!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that I also like the red insert which would be avaiable with the black. Actually, all the colors look very good.This is a tough one!!! Anyone, thinking of changing out the wheels or will most leave it stock? I'm considering changing out my wheels and keeping them to have the orginal wheels and tires years from now.
CW

·
Registered
45 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
At one point in my life, I nearly bought a 68' GT350 that was black w/white stripes...I still like that combo very much although I ordered my GT500 in Perf. White w/Vista Blue stripes (old skool)....Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing an 07 GT500 in black w/white stripes...black w/tungsten seems a little new skool to me.

On a different note...I hope the quality of the tape stripes meets everybody's expectations. I bought a 1985 Mustang GT new and if your old enough to recall, the hood had a large matte finish tape placard that did not hold up very well due to the heat of the engine. Hopefully the technology has improved...Is this something you can comment on 07 SHELBY?
I was told by my dealer that the stripes are a vinyl 3M product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts