Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 1500 miles on my Gt500. What in the heck causes the black smudges on the knees of my levis everytime I drive the car?

Also the tip of my boots get black too........only part I hate about this car.......always end up with dirty pants and shoes. Grrrrrrr!

John

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Are you putting any special treatment on your dash. I know my knees rub on the bottom of the dash sometimes. If you put on some sort of treatment, it may be rubbing off on your pants. Other than that, I have no idea.

Welcome to the board, John. I see you're from San Jose. I was born just down the road in Los Gatos.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have about 1500 miles on my Gt500. What in the heck causes the black smudges on the knees of my levis everytime I drive the car?

Also the tip of my boots get black too........only part I hate about this car.......always end up with dirty pants and shoes. Grrrrrrr!

John

Welcome to the board John.Wow that is weird,I never heard of such a thing.We never had a quality issue on Levi's or boots.:D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you putting any special treatment on your dash. I know my knees rub on the bottom of the dash sometimes. If you put on some sort of treatment, it may be rubbing off on your pants. Other than that, I have no idea.

Welcome to the board, John. I see you're from San Jose. I was born just down the road in Los Gatos.
Hi,

No.....I'm not putting *anything* on the bottom of the dash.....you cannot believe how filthy my levis get.

Los Gatos.........I have been hanging out at the Black Watch since 1971. :)

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the board John.Wow that is weird,I never heard of such a thing.We never had a quality issue on Levi's or boots.:D :D
Hey thanks for the welcome! :)

Yes, I just don't get it........it's really annoying. Maybe I should take some alcohol and wipe off the area under the dash.

John

·
Registered
135 Posts

John

Im sure its a quality issue. My brother's 06GT does the same thing only his interior is parchment. Ford had re-dyed the seats for him but it still keeps coming off and getting on his pants.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hi,

No.....I'm not putting *anything* on the bottom of the dash.....you cannot believe how filthy my levis get.

Los Gatos.........I have been hanging out at the Black Watch since 1971. :)

John
Coincidence #2: I was born in 1971. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts