Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I installed the Evo Stage 1 some time ago. Thanks to the stupid Denver altitude, I was having a few issues.

Well, today I took the Shelby back to a local dyno shop and got Fred on the phone. After a couple of pulls, logging all the data, Fred was able to make some adjustments to get my tune all dialed in. I can't thank Fred enough for taking time out of his day to make sure my tune was perfect.

Now for the results:
Temp: 85 degrees
Altitude: ~6,000 feet
Humidity: 11%

507 RWHP
487 Ft-Lbs Tq

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And for all you Denver area folks, I recommend going to Dyno Pros at 62nd & Federal for your dyno runs. Really nice guys.

·
Registered
933 Posts
rpretzel,

Those numbers are awesome! :D

I can pretty much expect around the same numbers, as Calgary is at about 3,500 feet above sea level with slightly less temps but similar humidity around this time of year.

Great to see you are enjoying modifying your wife's car so much. LOL :D

The Calgary Stampede (billed as 'The Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth') just kicked off this morning with the parade and now all the 'wanna be' cowboys and cowgirls are out in full force. As usual, we are in for a wonderful 10 days of drunken stupor. :rolleyes:

Well...As we say in Calgary....Yahoooo! :D

Take care.

I want my @$%#ing Shelby!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice numbers!

I have an appointment in the morning to put this beast on the dyno. I am expecting about 550. I went with the stage II. How ever you are fighting altitude where my big problem will be humity, probably 80%.

JJ

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
So how much of an improvement was made after they tweeked your tune? I live at 5,000 feet but depending on my travels the altitude can range from 4000 to 7200 feet. We don't have any dyno machines so I wonder if a tune would be more of a problem than a help.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how much of an improvement was made after they tweeked your tune? I live at 5,000 feet but depending on my travels the altitude can range from 4000 to 7200 feet. We don't have any dyno machines so I wonder if a tune would be more of a problem than a help.

The biggest improvement from the tweak was getting the A/F right. My first dyno before the tweak was 486 hp. Then I pulled 507 after the tweak, but I used a different dyno shop. The first shop's dyno was way out of calibration, so Fred told me to go to a different shop. Because of the different dynos used, I can't say how much power gain I really got, but it sure is much more responsive now.

Looks like the closest Dynojet for you would be Carson City. Might be worth the drive. Fred really knows his stuff. I'm sure he can tweak a tune to fit your needs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
rpretzel,
Do you have any pics of your Shelby? I have Vista Blue as well and would like to see how it looks with tint? lastly, where did you order your valve stems from? I've seen them on ebay and thought they were pretty cool but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Thanks,
CW

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rpretzel,
Do you have any pics of your Shelby? I have Vista Blue as well and would like to see how it looks with tint? lastly, where did you order your valve stems from? I've seen them on ebay and thought they were pretty cool but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Thanks,
CW
Here are a couple pics with the window tint. It looks awesome. To tell you the truth, I don't remember where I got the valve stem caps. I'm sure someone else around here can tell you where they got them. I think I paid just $12 for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my Cobra valve stem caps from AmericanMuscle.com

·
Registered
643 Posts
rpretzel,

Your Shelby looks really sharp. :cool: Any words of advice when considering to having the windows tinted? I'm wanting it do it to mine, but I want to do it right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't make this mistake when you tint them, you need to purchase a mole skin felt like material that goes in the inside wiper of window or it will scratch the tint for sure. ;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't make this mistake when you tint them, you need to purchase a mole skin felt like material that goes in the inside wiper of window or it will scratch the tint for sure. ;)
+1 Moleskin is absolutely necessary. My tint shop said the tint would start scratching immediately without it since the inside weather stripping is just plain rubber. Moleskin Link

1 - 12 of 12 Posts