Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me that if I'm buying a car out of state, I should get it from Maryland. Why is that? Tax break or something? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
26 Posts
they're probably talking about state sales tax on automobiles...some states don't charge it...I thought Maryland did though...Delaware doesn't from what I've heard...

If you title it in your state, I think you still have to pay your state's tax on it anyway...again not sure what that person was trying to tell you, call your DOT, they can tell you how that works...

·
Registered
6 Posts
No matter what state you buy it from, if you are going to register it in another state they will not charge you tax on the purchase, but you will have to pay the tax when you go to register it in your state. That is unless your state does not have a tax like delaware. (makes me almost want to buy a little shack there and title my car in that state.. Probably cheaper to get the shack then pay the tax on the 60K car. )

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would be more upset that you were paying 60k then I would about maying tax on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, either way you look at it, I would hate to pay 60K for the car only to have to pay more to cover the sales tax when registering it.

I'm trying to get a dealer to sell me one at MSRP +7k

·
Registered
213 Posts
touche, good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
:jawdrop: holy 3+ year bump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts