Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me your personal experience with custom tunes done in the Dallas area. I need a dyno tune session with SCT software because i already have an X3. Let me know good and bad experiences. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Avoid Lone Star Performance! They may claim to use Jon Lund, but my tune was messed up and even contacting Lund directly did not resolve the issues.

I am not sure whom Quantum is using now that Mike Wilson moved up north.

Heard good things about GearHeads and HPP. And if you can find Archie King, he is also a good choice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, i appreciate you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am about 5 1/2 hours from dallas and 10-11hrs from houston. :(

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dallas Mustang - more info »

10720 Sandhill Road, Dallas, TX
(800) 687-8264 ‎ 7.3 mi NE
3 reviews
LBJ at miller road, Garland area

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
All you need to do is find a dyno and have Jon Lund do a remote tune for you.
Jon is the absolute best mustang tuner in the country. He does a lot of remote tuning around the world.

He tuned my car and it is a differnt car after his tune.

·
Registered
325 Posts
All you need to do is find a dyno and have Jon Lund do a remote tune for you.
Jon is the absolute best mustang tuner in the country. He does a lot of remote tuning around the world.
Any dyno? I know the owner of a little Honda performance shop with a dyno. Could this remote tune take place there? Anything special required on the shop's end?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
My Lund tune:

Constant lean condition error codes
mpg computer was horribly inaccurate (low fuel warning would trigger at 1/2 tank)
terrible idle
~640 rwhp

On the same car with the same mods, the Archie King tune:
No error codes (sensors are still active)
mpg computer is spot on
perfect idle
~700 rwhp

This is my experience.
Hopefully it is isolated or perhaps even the only one, but it has been my experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please tell me your personal experience with custom tunes done in the Dallas area. I need a dyno tune session with SCT software because i already have an X3. Let me know good and bad experiences. Thanks guys!
I'm looking to have my supercharger retuned for more power. I can I get to your shop.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts
I'm looking to have my supercharger retuned for more power. I can I get to your shop.
Welcome to the forum from another local!

Please start a new thread. This one is almost 10 years old and the member you quoted hasn’t been here in 8 years. This thread is now closed.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.