Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing to get a trick set of wheels and tires for a gt500. Is there a consenses on what the hot setup is? Also, what is the best suspension Package. I see bassinni has a header setup also. Any of our members done that mod? I'm full of questions today and would be thankful for any input.:confused: GGBIW

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm fixing to get a trick set of wheels and tires for a gt500. Is there a consenses on what the hot setup is? Also, what is the best suspension Package. I see bassinni has a header setup also. Any of our members done that mod? I'm full of questions today and would be thankful for any input.:confused: GGBIW
Why not stick with Ford Racing products? Their suspension will lower the front by 1.5 inches and the back by 2.0 inches. Their exhaust is a bolt on with increased horsepower and as a nice touch they have the Ford logo embossed on the tips. Wheels and tires are another matter and really are according to your personnel taste.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not stick with Ford Racing products? Their suspension will lower the front by 1.5 inches and the back by 2.0 inches. Their exhaust is a bolt on with increased horsepower and as a nice touch they have the Ford logo embossed on the tips. Wheels and tires are another matter and really are according to your personnel taste.
You make a valid point. I did see some kits that were around 1000.00 for it that stopped the rear wheels from hopping under hard acceleration though.How much is that kit ford puts out? Thank you for the advice. GGBIW;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
You make a valid point. I did see some kits that were around 1000.00 for it that stopped the rear wheels from hopping under hard acceleration though.How much is that kit ford puts out? Thank you for the advice. GGBIW;)
I double checked that link from Ford racing and it looks like the kit is for the Mustang GT. But Evolution performance has an ulitimate set up on their web site at:
http://www.evoperform.com/index.htm

Click on GT500 Power Packs and go to the ultimate suspension link. If you're near them they'll install it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I double checked that link from Ford racing and it looks like the kit is for the Mustang GT. But Evolution performance has an ulitimate set up on their web site at:
http://www.evoperform.com/index.htm

Click on GT500 Power Packs and go to the ultimate suspension link. If you're near them they'll install it.
Sweet! Thanks for the link. Going to start ordering parts.I saw the aluminum driveshaft. Lmp has a carbon fiber driveshaft rated at 1000 hp.Wondered if anyone was doing either set up. GGBIW:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going with that or the evolution performance ultimate suspension . I kinda like the Shelby Razor wheel in black powdercoat .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just for info
I called Ford Racing about the suspension kit. It's not available for the GT500 yet but will be soon. Stay tuned... I think I'm gonna hold out for the Ford stuff.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for info
I called Ford Racing about the suspension kit. It's not available for the GT500 yet but will be soon. Stay tuned... I think I'm gonna hold out for the Ford stuff.
Did they mention a timeframe, or cost?I like the idea of staying with ford stuff but also want the best overall package. We have a wealth of information in this forum. When you say ford you don't mean Steeda right?;) GGBIW

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone know what the largest tire and wheel seup for the shelby would be?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Now that the wheel hop is a thing of the past and HP is increasing, it is time for new shoes. I have decided to go with BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radials for the rear. Since I will be using the stock rims, I went with 295/35R18's. I will be keeping the stock tires for the front. When I bought the car I ordered a set of four stock rims from Ford to store away, but now I have decided to put them to good use. My only problem is I will not be installing air pressure sending units on these rims and am wondering if there is a way to either trick the computer or turn off the indicator light?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts