Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am located in orlando fl....and want to get the pulley, intake, and tune combo on my 08 shelby.....is there a good place around my area that is trusted and preferred? i have heard good and bad things about vmp tuning, so not sure where to get everything from.....any thoughts would be great

·
Registered
662 Posts
i am located in orlando fl....and want to get the pulley, intake, and tune combo on my 08 shelby.....is there a good place around my area that is trusted and preferred? i have heard good and bad things about vmp tuning, so not sure where to get everything from.....any thoughts would be great
I have nothing but good things to say about VMP and Justin....very good quality work and parts. While I'm not running his tune due to the fact that here in Tulsa we have an excellent tuner at Archangel Motorsports, I am running his parts. If I lived in Orlando Justin is who I'd be using.:zlurking:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about VMP or Jon Lund.

Try searching the forumns ... maybe key word "tune"

Just beware, if you get an e-mail tune that it will probably not be on the mark first time. That means at minimum, paying for another dyno pull after you receive an updated tune.

Also, here is another huge forum that you might try asking your question about.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I don't have any VMP parts or Justin's tunes but I don't recall hearing any bad remarks about either. Most that mention him, sing his praises.

I guess good or bad experiences tend to be individualized. I ordered a stage 2 kit based on another GT500 owner's recommendation. After about a month, still no parts and nothing but excuses. Then I discovered that they had charged my credit card on the day I placed the order. I finally told them to cancel the order and credit my CC account.

I really hated that too as they seem to have the best pulley puller. I dropped the pulley and puller and just ordered a JLT CAI & tune from Evolution Performance. No fuss, no muss and the car performs quite a bit better.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply's....i wouldnt feel comfortable getting a canned tune sent to me....i would much rather get everything done at a place that knows these cars, and has a dyno on hand to tweak it just right....so i think i will be going to vmp for the c&l intake, tune, and pulley.....cant wait to hear the louder whine and feel the extra power

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
If you have access to a laptop, you can datalog your car while running and send that information to your tuner. Some tuners prefer to see "real world" data.

And I've emailed [email protected] and [email protected], Justin responded to my inquiries and thus received my business.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
What software/hardware do you need to datalog with the laptop?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts