Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this question will have many opinions but what booster do you guys run out there ? During the summer I make a visit to the race track and purchase 5 gallons of unleaded race fuel. Than come home and transfer one gallon over to a 1 gallon can and put that in tank with approx 10 gallons of gas. The average is around 95 oct. Depending on the time of the year this is $ 35.00 to 45.00 dollars for 5 gallons. Problem is can't always get there when I want so need a plan B

I have heard of Torco
I have used 104

Any other suggestions and or what truly works and what does not. The race fuel option of course works and it smells good to :)

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
So this question will have many opinions but what booster do you guys run out there ? During the summer I make a visit to the race track and purchase 5 gallons of unleaded race fuel. Than come home and transfer one gallon over to a 1 gallon can and put that in tank with approx 10 gallons of gas. The average is around 95 oct. Depending on the time of the year this is $ 35.00 to 45.00 dollars for 5 gallons. Problem is can't always get there when I want so need a plan B

I have heard of Torco
I have used 104

Any other suggestions and or what truly works and what does not. The race fuel option of course works and it smells good to :)
104 doesn't do much and you'll get detonation with any timing. Torco Accelerator will net you about 103-105 octane with a can of it in a half tank of very high grade 93 (read: BP or Shell. )

It's expensive but it works.

bj

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Check out www.klotzlube.com

They make several products...take a look at Hitrate
http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-451.pdf

or their octane booster...
http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-602.pdf

I've used a product of theirs before with great success on my '69 Camaro with 11:1 compression. I haven't used anything from them in 2 years because my Camaro has been in the body shop that long being restored.

Keep in mind that you may have to pay a hazardous shipping fee for these items also.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have heard of Torco
I have used 104

u can get 109 Octane Unleaded fuel 5 gal for $58.00

·
Registered
444 Posts
I haven't had any problems running 94oct. I can only get it at Sunoco but just put 93oct in for th efirst time and still no problems. I do have one gas station that sells 100cot and 110oct right out of the pump. Pull up and fill up! I used to bye 116oct in the 55gallon drum for the race car, it came out to about 4.30 a gallon buying it that way.

basicly any additive is better than regular fuel!!!!

JJ

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I haven't had any problems running 94oct. I can only get it at Sunoco but just put 93oct in for th efirst time and still no problems. I do have one gas station that sells 100cot and 110oct right out of the pump. Pull up and fill up! I used to bye 116oct in the 55gallon drum for the race car, it came out to about 4.30 a gallon buying it that way.

basicly any additive is better than regular fuel!!!!

JJ
What mods do you have? The stock engine only requires 91 octane, and will run no better on higher octanes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What mods do you have? The stock engine only requires 91 octane, and will run no better on higher octanes.
evo stage II w/ 93oct tune 3" bassini exhaust w/o cats w/ race mufflers.
JJ

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks. That might have been in your sig, but I have sigs disabled.:boohoo:
:flame:

Why??????

Don't you want to read about all my mods??? :bandit:

I've posted secrets about YOU in my signature.

Don't you want to see what I posted??

Come on Davey!!

Do it.

Do it.

Do it!!

:FRO:

·
Registered
645 Posts
91 Oct is OK with 8lbs boost,"BUT" what happens when the boost is increased to 16 to 20lbs of boost.Where is the Torco I need it now??hydro
Torco is going belly up.

You'll have to wait to see who buys the rights to manufacture Accelerator in the future.

·
Registered
124 Posts
if you have a friend or fly yourself, and are chummy with the tarmac folks, you can get aviation grade, which is at least 100 octane, with no additives. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts