Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,954 Posts
Therein lies the question. Are you going to track your car? If the answer is no, street pads will work just fine for you with minimal degradation in performance. We can “what if” accident scenarios all day long but the percentage of accidents solely caused by a slight reduction in braking performance has got to be microscopically low.
If you are going to track your car you’ll be doing pad swaps anyways so get the Caliperfexion kit and run street pads on the street and stock/track pads on the track. Problem solved.
As for options, Powerstop has their Z26 high performance street pads for the front that many people on here and other forums use with no reports of reduced feel or concerns of engagement and stopping distance. The rear pads are not available yet from Powerstop but they are coming. The only other option I’m aware of is Carbotech and they are expensive.
I ran Powerstop Z26 pads on my GT350. Amazing pads for the street and running uphill on mountain runs they even held up to some seriously quick driving. However when I turned around and began running hard down hill the pads quickly began having heat issues. I couldn't trust the pads downhill and went back to stock

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,954 Posts
I wouldn't say max performance, but touching 3800lbs downhill at 80mph into 2nd gear corners puts a lot of heat into the pads when it's one after another for miles.

If you don't intend to use your car like that or only intend to make one or two hard stops after a quick pull the Z26 pads will be great. If you intend to use the brakes more then you may run into the issues I ran into. Like I said they worked great going uphill where gravity was on my side, but downhill proved to be just a little too much.

Reactions: fletchffletch
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.