Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2002 Z06 with Corsa Exhaust, Hurricane Intake, and OBD2 Tuner. We ran from 50-120 and every time I had a car on him, slowly gained on him with every shift. What was weird is I was getting a tad tad wheel hop on the top of second, kinda weird is what I thought. Very happy with my Shelby.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
It is always nice beating brand X

·
Registered
861 Posts
Don't try that with a 2007 Z06
Where is he at.....I want some.....but I got the evo stage II. Sorry for him! I am getting it dynoed on saturday I will post the numbers!

·
Registered
933 Posts
croz98gt,

You'll have fun with the 02 for sure, however, even with the EVO stage II, you'll have a hard time beating the 07 unless you come up against an unexperienced driver then you may have a chance.

It's all got to do with horsepower and weight ratios, unfortunately the 2007 Z06 with its stock 505hp and 800lbs less, has the advantage. Hopefully, you'll come up against one that hasn't done any mods and you may give him a run for his money.

Nevertheless, good luck! :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
yeah it probably would be close.......I still give me the WIN!!!!!

I jsut can't see getting beat by an "Upside Down Bass Boat";)

·
Registered
86 Posts
My buddy has a 2002 Z06 with Corsa Exhaust, Hurricane Intake, and OBD2 Tuner. We ran from 50-120 and every time I had a car on him, slowly gained on him with every shift. What was weird is I was getting a tad tad wheel hop on the top of second, kinda weird is what I thought. Very happy with my Shelby.

What mods do you have? My best friend also has a 2002 z06 and i have not run him yet. I ran him in my 07 mustang gt and he smoked me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeah it probably would be close.......I still give me the WIN!!!!!

I jsut can't see getting beat by an "Upside Down Bass Boat";)
JJ, love it man. You are 100% correct but still, no disrespect to the ZO6. Hot car definitely, but I will drag him/her all day and night long.

I ran two regulars a couple weeks ago and had absolutely no problem and think I would have spanked a ZO6. Guys, don't get it twisted as it will all come down to the rider and his/her skills (and dependent upon the distance). I still pick (pound for pound) a GT500 over a ZO6, but maybe I am naive.

ZO6 who???????????????????? Blah Blah Blah. Like Prseident Bush said: Bring It On!:cool:

flipmo

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own both a 03 Z06 and A GT500. Both stock the Z06 will slightly out perform the Shelby until about 120 at which time the Z06 will start pulling away. With the few mods I have done so far which are exhaust, pully, CAI and tune the Shelby will now out perform the Z06 unless speeds get above 140. As previously mentioned the C6 Z06 is a different animal all together.

·
Registered
861 Posts
How do you drive them both at the same time?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I own both a 03 Z06 and A GT500. Both stock the Z06 will slightly out perform the Shelby until about 120 at which time the Z06 will start pulling away. With the few mods I have done so far which are exhaust, pully, CAI and tune the Shelby will now out perform the Z06 unless speeds get above 140. As previously mentioned the C6 Z06 is a different animal all together.
Hmmmmmmm, don't think I will touch this one with a 20ft stick as you have a personal reference. The two I ran up against I know were not ZO6s and I know those monsters are fast. But, on the all out big end, the GT500 can't compare? Is this what you are saying? Maybe debatable.

Thanks Though

flip

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hmmmmmmm, don't think I will touch this one with a 20ft stick as you have a personal reference. The two I ran up against I know were not ZO6s and I know those monsters are fast. But, on the all out big end, the GT500 can't compare? Is this what you are saying? Maybe debatable.

Thanks Though

flip
I would say that is correct. It's hard to argue physics. The aerodynamics of the Corvette are going to give it an edge over the GT500 on the top end. There's a lot of surface are on the front of a GT500 and at speeds over 100mph, it takes a LOT of horsepower to overcome the kind of resistance/pressure at the front of the car. Not debatable.;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't lined up with an LS7 Z06 yet, but from 20 to 130 i pulled about 8 lengths on a standard '07 Vette. He said I threw tire on him when I shifted from 3rd to 4th. I was supposed to dyno this weekend but weather did't permit. The 658 RWHP/770 FWHP Kenne Bell advertises for the stage 3 kit I bought is something I will have to see in person on the dyno to believe, but I really believe it will put it on a stock Z06 in a straight line.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
with the keene bell you will beat him everytime! :)

JJ

·
Registered
642 Posts
I agree with croz98gt - with the keene bell, you'll smoke him assuming you have the right traction, because 658 RWHP is 658 RWHP.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
KNow of anyone with the 800+ RWHP they advertise on their website for the KB stage 3 (Competition Only + Race Gas- whatever that means...)

There is a place you fill up with 108 Octane I think at a local Sunoco (and you can fill cans for off road use only of 118 Octane.)

TD

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
KNow of anyone with the 800+ RWHP they advertise on their website for the KB stage 3 (Competition Only + Race Gas- whatever that means...)

There is a place you fill up with 108 Octane I think at a local Sunoco (and you can fill cans for off road use only of 118 Octane.)

TD

Mrfarmdog:D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts