Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Wow Mike! Crazy! Thanks for keeping us informed. Sorry for the problem... hope you get it solved without spending too much $.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow Mike! Crazy! Thanks for keeping us informed. Sorry for the problem... hope you get it solved without spending too much $.
Thanks. Time will tell. I shipped it today, and Fedex tracking has it arriving on Tues. They typically take 24 hours before the inspection is done. Then I will know what they find that’s wrong and what looks good, and I can make a decision on how to have them proceed.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,064 Posts
Wow! That is not good news, Michael. Sorry that this turned out to be a more expensive fix than you ever dreamed of! Best of luck getting things in order without having to re-finance the house!

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow! That is not good news, Michael. Sorry that this turned out to be a more expensive fix than you ever dreamed of! Best of luck getting things in order without having to re-finance the house!
Thanks MIke. Now I don't know how long the repair will take because SuperchargersOnline is locate in Simi Valley, CA. The latest news says people are being told to stay home in CA. Nothing I can do now though. The blower is on the way with Fedex.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
267 Posts
Thanks MIke. Now I don't know how long the repair will take because SuperchargersOnline is locate in Simi Valley, CA. The latest news says people are being told to stay home in CA. Nothing I can do now though. The blower is on the way with Fedex.
My car is scheduled to be tuned on 4/1/20 and I live in SoCal. I called my tuner and since they are considered "Essential" (being related to automotive repair) they said they should be able to still do it on that date, but want me to call around the middle of next week to see if any thing has changed. I would suggest calling SuperchargersOnline to confirm if their company fits into this category or not. Seems like would, but you won't know until you call. Hopefully it does.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My car is scheduled to be tuned on 4/1/20 and I live in SoCal. I called my tuner and since they are considered "Essential" (being related to automotive repair) they said they should be able to still do it on that date, but want me to call around the middle of next week to see if any thing has changed. I would suggest calling SuperchargersOnline to confirm if their company fits into this category or not. Seems like would, but you won't know until you call. Hopefully it does.
Thanks for the news! Maybe I will be ok. The tech I have been talking with has been super helpful and understanding of how much of a surprise this is to me, plus, he’s a Mustang guy. My guess is he would have mentioned something yesterday morning when I called to get an r/o, and if not then, later when we exchanged emails after he asked me to send him pics of my car. I’ll drop him an email so he can read it and respond when he has time.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the news! Maybe I will be ok. The tech I have been talking with has been super helpful and understanding of how much of a surprise this is to me, plus, he’s a Mustang guy. My guess is he would have mentioned something yesterday morning when I called to get an r/o, and if not then, later when we exchanged emails after he asked me to send him pics of my car. I’ll drop him an email so he can read it and respond when he has time.

Thanks again!
You are welcome. Everyone helps everyone on this forum when we can.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Good news. I got a response to my email this morning, and he said they are in fact open with people there at work. They are just trying to "figure things out", which I presume means figure out their operations amongst all the craziness. My blower is with Fedex about 90 miles from their shop. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good news. I got a response to my email this morning, and he said they are in fact open with people there at work. They are just trying to "figure things out", which I presume means figure out their operations amongst all the craziness. My blower is with Fedex about 90 miles from their shop. :)
Good news. I figured they should be open if my tuner is.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The SC is in their hands now! I got a bit anxious this morning though because I got a tracking update saying it wouldn't be delivered until Thu, vice today. Then when I went to Fedex's tracking history, it showed the package was back in Nampa, ID! What?! But I figured that couldn't be true because at 7am this morning it went out on a Fedex truck for delivery. Somebody must have scanned something wrong this morning, but that didn't stop me from calling Fedex to make sure everything was ok. "Calling" is the operative word because I never did talk with anyone. I waited on hold for 21 minutes, and then the phone rang to someones desk. But they didn't talk or their phone wasn't working right! I said hello to the quiet on the other end probably 4 or 5 times, and then I heard my call transferred again followed by something like "thank you for volunteering for a survey". Well that's just great! I gave them the lowest rating for solving my problem, and then I called back for some more hold time. Fortunately, I'm stuck getting some work done on my laptop today because my back went out on me yesterday. I ended up on hold for 50 minutes when I suddenly received a text saying the package had just been delivered. I gladly hung up, and about 4 hours later I got an email with a picture of my blower on SuperchargersOnline's workbench. Next thing I'll hear is the results of their inspection.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
The SC is in their hands now! I got a bit anxious this morning though because I got a tracking update saying it wouldn't be delivered until Thu, vice today. Then when I went to Fedex's tracking history, it showed the package was back in Nampa, ID! What?! But I figured that couldn't be true because at 7am this morning it went out on a Fedex truck for delivery. Somebody must have scanned something wrong this morning, but that didn't stop me from calling Fedex to make sure everything was ok. "Calling" is the operative word because I never did talk with anyone. I waited on hold for 21 minutes, and then the phone rang to someones desk. But they didn't talk or their phone wasn't working right! I said hello to the quiet on the other end probably 4 or 5 times, and then I heard my call transferred again followed by something like "thank you for volunteering for a survey". Well that's just great! I gave them the lowest rating for solving my problem, and then I called back for some more hold time. Fortunately, I'm stuck getting some work done on my laptop today because my back went out on me yesterday. I ended up on hold for 50 minutes when I suddenly received a text saying the package had just been delivered. I gladly hung up, and about 4 hours later I got an email with a picture of my blower on SuperchargersOnline's workbench. Next thing I'll hear is the results of their inspection.
I share your frustration every time I have to call a large corporation. They make it as painful as possible to contact anyone to solve problems. I tried getting ahold of an AT&T rep yesterday and gave up.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
449 Posts
Awesome! Glad to hear things are progressing! I am sorry to hear you’re down in your back, my prayers are with you for better health, and hopefully some good news about your supercharger.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wow Mike just read this thread. I have the same Vmp gen 2 on mine but has been trouble free for mine. Sorry to hear about the trouble with yours. I watched VMP dyno Mike's car at Shelbyfest last year and it looked and sounded awesome. Looking forward to your updates on your car and hope your have a speedy back recovery.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wow Mike just read this thread. I have the same Vmp gen 2 on mine but has been trouble free for mine. Sorry to hear about the trouble with yours. I watched VMP dyno Mike's car at Shelbyfest last year and it looked and sounded awesome. Looking forward to your updates on your car and hope your have a speedy back recovery.
Thank you very much for the kind words!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,064 Posts
Sorry about you back, Michael. I've got some great Shelby/Mustang DVD's/CD's if you need something to watch while you're healing up!! (inside joke)! 😊

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
I share your frustration every time I have to call a large corporation. They make it as painful as possible to contact anyone to solve problems. I tried getting ahold of an AT&T rep yesterday and gave up.
I have a LINE problem at home currently.
Opened a ticket via my on-line account.
Just got call from the Technician who is 'enroute' to my home.
Hopefully he can figure out what is wrong and FIXIT!

At least I have plenty of coffee for the day, and BOOZE for this evening....LOL

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sorry about you back, Michael. I've got some great Shelby/Mustang DVD's/CD's if you need something to watch while you're healing up!! (inside joke)! 😊
😋 Thanks Mike. Just one of my normal flare ups that I can steer if I treat it promptly. I think I’ve shared the various things wrong with my back before. After taking meds and relaxing for 36 hours, I’m up and about this morning. I just have to be careful today.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts