Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GT500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Looking for recommendations for reliable shops in the Bay Area for work on my 2012 GT500 SVTPP. I’ve heard excellent things about AED and plan on going there for tuning needs but it’s about 2.5hrs from me each way. The main thing I am looking to install now is the VMP 3X Heat Exchanger and 170 Thermostat.

Thanks and if there’s any Shelby groups in the area please let me know!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,267 Posts
Hey all,

Looking for recommendations for reliable shops in the Bay Area for work on my 2012 GT500 SVTPP. I’ve heard excellent things about AED and plan on going there for tuning needs but it’s about 2.5hrs from me each way. The main thing I am looking to install now is the VMP 3X Heat Exchanger and 170 Thermostat.

Thanks and if there’s any Shelby groups in the area please let me know!
Don’t rule out installing it yourself. It’s not that bad:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Bay Area guy here- The thermostat is completely DIY unless you have no tools or a shallow bucket/pan to catch just enough coolant drain to get to the thermostat. I didn't install my heat exchanger (Revan) but it is doable. I had my local Ford mechanic in Mountain View do the H.E. swap out and would trust them. PM me if interested, but they are a regular Ford shop that knows 5.4's so probably not worth the whole forum being interested. They did mine so they "have done it before" now... Install went fine. They could do the thermostat at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts